34

Jungkook's POV.

"There's no set way to deal with these situations. Alters are just as unpredictable as any other human. You just have to be more attentive than usual."

"Yeah."

"Will you be alright?"

"No, yeah. I'm fine."

Seokjin sighs on the other line, silence settling between us for a moment. "I see your reports are getting better."

"Yeah." I chuckle softly. "Hajoon's been making sure of that."

"That's good." Seokjin says. "Listen, Jungkook. I know I warned you about the level of difficulty you'd be facing by taking this position but if it's ever too much you can tell me. The second you feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable. You matter too."

"I'm fine, hyung." I say forcing a short laugh. "I'm attached now."

"Really?" He asks.

"Yeah. I...I think maybe I'm too attached to them sometimes." I sigh, looking into the living room where Taehyung was waiting for me.

"What do you mean?" Seokjin asks.

"I don't know." I say, knowing he'll read too far into my words. "I just think they need me."

"Okay. Well, I won't keep you any longer." He says ending our conversation. "You take care, Jungkook. And send me updates every now and then when you can."

"Yeah. Definitely." I say pushing myself up from where I'm leaning on the wall. "Bye, hyung."

"Bye, bye." He says ending the call.

I grab the popcorn from the kitchen before meeting Taehyung in the living room.

"What'd he say?" He asks as I sit next to him on the couch, placing the bowl between us.

"He said that there's nothing you can really do other than being attentive." I say grabbing the remote to pick a movie.

Taehyung sighs softly. "How can I be attentive if I don't even know his triggers. Or his name for that matter."

"I'll be here. So whatever happens you won't be alone." I promise, smiling softly at him. "Cheer up, Tae. Tonight's supposed to be about making you feel better."

"I know. I know." He huffs, crossing his legs and pulling his hood up. "Let's watch something then."

"Here, you pick." I say handing him the remote.

"No." He pouts softly, pushing the remote away. "Pick something you want to watch."

"Why? It's your night~"

"I always get switchy when I try to watch a movie so there's no point in me picking." He says. "Go ahead and pick one. It's fine."

"Fine." I say sitting crisscrossed facing the tv. "We'll watch something funny."

"Okay." He says eating some of the popcorn. "Can I ask you something, Jungkook?"

"Um, yeah. Sure. What is it?" I ask looking over at him.

"I was just wondering about you and your personal life. You know, your family and friends and whatever." He says looking at his hands. "I never hear you talk about your family."

"Oh. Well, I don't really speak to my mom or my step dad regularly. And I don't have any siblings so...I guess there's really nothing to talk about." I shrug. "My dad died when I was a third year and my mom remarried to a guy that doesn't really like me so. I don't really keep in touch."