10

Jungkook's POV.

Hoseok meets me at the door that night, pulling me inside before I can even walk in myself.

    "What the hell, Hobi?" I ask as he shuts the door behind me.

    "You will not believe who's here." He says in a whisper.

    "Who?" I ask stepping out of my shoes, Hoseok was so anal about walking on the carpet.

    "He's in the kitchen." He says nodding towards the kitchen area.

    "Who?" I ask again.

    "You remember Grey from the club? Well he came here looking for you, his name's Jongun~"

    "Jongun's here?" I ask, how does he even know where I live?

    "Yeah. He's just been sitting there waiting for you. He's being kind of weird and he hasn't said much."

Now I'm confused, was it Jongun or Minseok? Or maybe Jongun switched out with Minseok?

    "Okay. Can you give us a minute then?" I ask him as I drop my backpack by the door.

    "Sure...?" He says, I can tell he's confused and he wants to know more.

    "I'll explain later." I promise before walking to the kitchen.

I find him sitting at the table dressed in a black turtleneck shirt with a red leather jacket pulled over it, black jeans and heavy combat boots.

He wears a pair of sunglasses on his face blocking his eyes and making it harder to tell which alter he is.

    "Jongun?" I ask, stepping into the kitchen cautiously.

He remains motionless, the neck of his shirt pulled over his mouth and his hands shoved in the pockets of his jacket.

I step in front of him and he looks up at me through his glasses. "Jongun?"

When he doesn't answer I reach up and take the glasses off, expecting to see Minseok's grey eyes but instead I'm met with Jongun's light eyes.

I tug the neck of his shirt from over his mouth before saying anything. "Why're you here?"

"I'm sorry." He says. "Taehyung left me a note saying that I needed to apologize to you so I came to do it."

"Don't be sorry. You didn't have to come all this way. How'd you even know where to find me?" I ask.

"I think V stole your file from Seokjin's secretary." He says looking forward. "I found it in the apartment."

Why would V need my information?

"Okay." I say, still highly confused.

"I didn't just come here to say sorry." Jongun says looking up at me again. "I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" I ask, pulling a chair out and taking a seat in front of him.

"Taehyung's father is making us move." He says looking down. "We...we're all scared. The littles are scared and Taehyung is scared...I'm scared."

I nod along with his words, I feeling sorry for them.

"I don't know why I'm telling you this I just...I feel like Jimin wouldn't understand and other than him you're the only one that knows about us." He sighs. "I don't know where we're going and V keeps saying we're going back to the 'old home' and I don't know what that is. I'm not a trauma holder and I don't want to be. If we go back there...I'm afraid for the system."

"You don't have to be afraid." I reassure him. "Taehyung called Seokjin asking for someone to help you guys transition into your knew home. He knows how hard it might be and he'd never go anywhere that would put you guys in danger. He'd never do that."

"But V~"

"I don't know why V said those things. But I won't let anything happen to you." I promise, it's a risky promise to make. "Or to any of the other alters. I don't care what I have to do."

When Jongun's eyes meet mine they're surprisingly wet with tears, I've only met him once but I didn't take him as an emotional alter.

"My time is about to be taken away." He says, he sounds so sad that it almost brings me to tears. "Thank you for reassuring me."

I smile sadly at him. "You don't have to worry, Jongun."

"I wish...I could fight it and stay with you." He says honestly, wiping his tears as they fall. "You're a nice guy, even though...V says you aren't."

"Don't fight it. We'll see each other again." I say, he smiles softly before his eyes become too heavy to hold open and they fall shut.

I silently pray that V doesn't show up before his eyes open again, revealing soft dark brown eyes.

"Hey, Taehyung." I say, making his eyes focus on me after darting around the room in confusion.

He looks down at his clothes. "Jongun." He whispers to himself.

"Jongun came over to apologize to me. He told me about your father making you move and he got a little upset." I explain as he wipes his face with his hands. "Are you okay?"

Taehyung looks at me in confusion before nodding his head. I fall silent to give him a few moments to recuperate from the switch.

"I should go." He says standing. "I shouldn't be here."

I stand as well. "You're safe here. You don't have to be scared."

"I'm not scared." He shakes his head. "I just really shouldn't be here."

"Wait," I say stopping him. "are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. But I think it's best for you and for me if we just avoid each other from this point forward." He says shrugging the jacket he was wearing off and folding it over his arm. "Please respect my request and stay away from me. Even if one of the other alters comes to you for whatever reason please avoid me."

"Why?" I ask in confusion.

"It's for the best." He says. "I'm sorry."

I don't stop him as he walks out of the kitchen and to the front door, a sigh escaping my lips after hearing the door close behind him.

I sit back down in my seat and rethink over what Taehyung said, if he was requesting that I stay away does that mean I should tell Seokjin I couldn't take the position as his in-house caregiver?

    "You have to tell me what the hell that was about."

I startle at Hoseok's voice, looking over at him. "W-What?"

    "You said you knew him but how well do you actually know him, Jungkook?" Hoseok asks, his eyes narrowing in accusation.

    "I met him a while ago at school. We barely know each other, don't worry about it." I say, standing and walking out of the kitchen. "I'm going to bed, goodnight."

When I get to my room I close the door behind myself, I needed to figure out how I was going to tell Taehyung and V about my new position as their "caregiver" or whatever.

Taehyung wasn't really my main concern, but V?

It was bound to be a disaster.

🔒🔒🔒