18

Jungkook's POV.

    "You don't have to follow me. I can handle myself."

    "I'm coming anyway."

V scoffs as we walk out of the house, pushing his hair back from his face. "I don't need you."

    "I'm not letting you go see her alone." I say following him to the garage area.

He stops and turns to me. "You don't talk about her. Ever. Got it? Not to me, not to Taehyung or anyone else. It's none of your fucking business."

    "I got it." I nod. "Sorry."

    "And just because I'm not kicking your ass right now doesn't mean I like you any better." He continues. "I'm cooperating with you for now, but you're history when that contract runs out."

    "You don't have to hate me, V." I say to him. "I'm not your enemy."

    "Yes you are." He says before continuing on his way.

I follow him silently to his car, it's an expensive foreign that I know he probably bought without Taehyung's knowledge.

    "Get in or walk." He says snapping me out of my thoughts.

I climb into the passenger seat. "Is this your car?"

    "Who's else?" He asks as he buckles his seatbelt.

    "Right." I say doing the same. "It's nice."

    "Whatever." He says pushing the button to start it as he looks at his phone. "What makes you think this address belongs to Taehyung's mother?"

    "His dad said he went to see her and this is where the tracker places him this weekend." I explain. "Do you recognize it."

    "Obviously not." He snaps. "Or I wouldn't be asking about it."

    "Don't snap at me." I snap back, I couldn't just let him walk all over me. "I'm trying to help."

    "I don't need your help. Did you not get that before?" He says before putting the garage door up and speeding out.

He drives like a maniac, barely slowing to take turns or to change lanes.

    "Please slow down." I say holding the door to brace myself. "You're going way to fast."

    "Shut up." V says, rolling his pitch black eyes in annoyance.

It's the most nerve racking car ride I've ever experienced in my entire life, I'm surprised we make it to the address in one piece.

    "You're a terrible driver." I say as I shakily unbuckle my seatbelt.

    "You're alive aren't you?" He asks as he unbuckles his as well.

    "Are you sure this is the right place?" I ask instead of acknowledging his comment.

    "Yeah. You stay in the car." He says getting out of the car.

I follow him out, causing him to huff in annoyance. "I said I'm not letting you go alone."

    "You don't even know if it's her."

    "And if it is?"

V shakes his head. "I'll handle it."