38

Trigger Warning ⚠️ : Mentions of suicide and self harm. Read with caution.

Jungkook follows after V despite his request to be left alone.

He follows him up to the roof of the hospital which is well lit with a seating area that overlooks the city.

He finds the brunette standing near the edge, his back to him.

    "V?" He says cautiously.

    "You must be this Jungkook I've heard so much about." The brunette says, making Jungkook stop in his tracks. "I'm sorry but V's not here at the moment. He's away dealing with some rather...unsettling news."

Jungkook isn't sure what to do or what to say. "What's your name?"

"Why?" The brunette asks, facing him for the first time and revealing his topaz colored eyes. "So you can go report it to the others? Or to that doctor friend of your's?"

"No. Just so I know what to call you." Jungkook says. "That's all."

The brunette scoffs, turning back around. "Who are you, Jungkook? Who are you really?"

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asks in confusion.

"What's your deal?" He asks. "You show up out of nowhere and you suddenly care so much about everyone. I've been around for years and suddenly you show up and everyone wants to talk to me and meet me and they want to know my name. They didn't care before but all of a sudden they do now. And I think you have something to do with it."

"Taehyung asked me to be his caregiver a little while ago. So I just help out when I can and keep an eye on you guys. It's for your own good, really." Jungkook explains.

"For our own good...hm." The brunette says as he starts pacing back and forth. "You think you know what's good for us?"

"I didn't say that. I said it's for your own good. I'm not here for any reason other than to help." Jungkook says. "I'm not going to hurt you. Or anyone else."

"I guess I can believe that. I'm somehow still alive so it must be true, right?" The brunette asks looking at him, his eyes are void of any life or emotion. "Thanks to you we're all still alive."

"How old are you?" Jungkook asks.

"Seventeen." The brunette answers. "What difference does it make?"

"You're young." Jungkook says. "You still~"

"Please don't say something stupid like 'you have so much life left to live' or something. Because that's bullshit." The brunette says, stopping and leaning on the short wall gating the roof. "Death has no age limit."

Jungkook sighs, trying to find the right words to say. "You said you've been around for years, right? How many years?"

"I don't really know." He shrugs. "Everyone in the system knows the exact moment they become conscious but it's not like that for me. One day I just showed up and I don't remember when or why. Maybe Hajoon knows, he knows everything else, right?"

"I guess." Jungkook says. "Well, if you had to guess how many?"

"Three or four." The brunette says. "I don't know why I am the way I am. I've always felt like this."