14

POV.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook looks up from where he's kneeling on the ground picking up broken glass, meeting Hajoon's soft eyes.

"What happened?" The older asks walking over to him and kneeling.

"It's late." The younger says without looking up at him. "You should go somewhere quiet and try to get Minseok to come out."

"What happened?" Hajoon asks again.

Jungkook looks up at him. "V."

Hajoon sighs, pushing his hair from his face before taking Jungkook's hands in his. "You're bleeding."

"It's fine." The younger says, noticing the cuts on his hands for the first time.

"Go upstairs and wash your hands. Soap and water." The older instructs. "I'll finish cleaning this up."

"I'm fine, Hajoon~"

"Go now before it gets infected." Hajoon says, leaving no room for question.

Jungkook sighs softly as he stands. "He told me to leave. And he said that I'd regret it if I didn't."

Hajoon looks up at Jungkook. "He can't hurt you, Jungkook."

    "But he can hurt himself. And he can hurt you and everyone else." Jungkook says, the tears in his eyes shocking Hajoon.

The older stands quickly, forgetting about the glass as he pulls Jungkook into a hug.

The gesture shocks Jungkook but he doesn't pull away, he hugs him back.

"What did he say to you?" Hajoon asks, his tone warm and nurturing as he strokes Jungkook's hair.

"He's going to hurt himself." The younger says, but he was putting it simply.

V had said so much more, he threatened the entire system.

"He can't. Taehyung won't let that happen." Hajoon says pulling away from the hug just enough to look Jungkook in the eye. "V may be strong but he isn't strong enough to bring down the entire system. Not by himself."

Jungkook nods, trying to blink away his tears. "Alright."

"I'm so sorry the night had to go this way. I'd hoped your first day would be better." The older says smiling softly.

"No. I'm fine." Jungkook says pulling away from the hug and wiping his eyes. "I just freaked out because of V. I'm okay though."

"As long as you're okay." Hajoon says. "Go on and wash your hands. I'll be up to take care of you soon."

"Alright." The younger says before turning and going upstairs as instructed.

When upstairs Jungkook washes his hands, getting a good look at himself in the mirror and noticing how much of a wreck he looked like.

It was the first night and he was already crying on the job.

He sighs to himself as he dries his hands, he just couldn't get what V said out of his mind.

"You'll regret it if you don't leave now. I can make us all go away, and it would be your fault. Yours!"

Jungkook closes his eyes and shakes his head in an attempt to clear his mind.

He hears footsteps coming up the stairs, he expects Hajoon to come into the bathroom but he hears the bedroom door close instead.

He walks into the hall, stopping in front of the main bedroom. "Hajoon-hyung?"