40

POV.

"It's called age-sliding. It can happen to any alter, even the host."

"When did it start happening?"

Taehyung shrugs, thinking about it for a moment. "It's happened a few times before but I never slipped too far. The past couple of days I've been sliding younger and younger for some reason."

Jungkook nods, directing his attention back to the cubbies that they still couldn't figure out. "Well, it's fine as long as I'm with you, right?"

"Yeah, I guess." The brunette smiles a little. "It's just strange that I'm the only slider in the system and I'm the host."

"Yeah. I get that." Jungkook says, trying to reread the instructions that came in the box. "I think it's time to admit defeat, Taehyung."

"What?" Taehyung chuckles, scooting closer to Jungkook and looking at the instructions.

"This is impossible." The younger says handing him the instructions. "Maybe we should get someone to put them together for us."

"Hm." The brunette hums, looking over the instructions. "Hajoon will be able to figure it out."

"You think?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah." Taehyung says, sighing softly and checking the time on his phone.

"Hey, Tae?" The younger starts, making Taehyung look up at him. "Are you feeling alright today?"

"Yeah. Why?" The older asks tilting his head slightly.

"No reason really. I just thought I'd ask after last night." Jungkook says looking down. "It kinda felt like we were avoiding talking about it."

"Did you want to talk about it?" Taehyung asks. "We can if you want."

"No it's not that I just... I wanted to make sure we were okay still." The younger shrugs. "I'm being stupid."

"No you're not. It's fine. And we're fine. Okay?" The brunette asks, offering Jungkook a small smile.

He can't help but return the smile. "Alright then."

Taehyung chuckles softly before pushing himself up from the ground.

"What are we gonna do today, Jungkook?" He asks, holding his hands out to help the younger up.

"I don't know." Jungkook says taking his hands and standing as well. "We don't really have anything important to do."

"Did you do this week's homework already?" Taehyung asks crossing his arms.

Jungkook narrows his eyes. "Hajoon's close isn't he?"

"So what if he is." The older chuckles, Taehyung found it so endearing that Jungkook could just tell when one of the other alters were near. "Did you do it?"

"Yes." Jungkook says making Taehyung narrow his eyes. "Okay, I started it."

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Fine I didn't do it."

Taehyung raises his eyebrows. "What? Why not?"

"I just didn't feel like it." The younger pouts softly. "I'll do it tomorrow."

"No way. You're doing it now." The brunette says grabbing his arm and pulling him along.

"Homework's gonna kill the vibe." Jungkook complains, following him.