GoodBye Andre !

It's been two weeks since I found out about Andre being a mafia Lord . I haven't heard from him since then nor has he texted,called or come by since then which I had expected him to do.

I was submitting my application to various companies that were highly in need for an accountant. I was sure I'd get a good job in time because I had really good qualifications.

"Hey sweety ,can I come in ?"My mom said while knocking on my door.

"Sure Mom, you don't need permission to get in."I said while turning away from my laptop to see my mom. She was dressed in a white linen long sleeve with black denim Jeans .

"Going somewhere mom ?"she chuckled and looked at herself in my mirror while adjusting her blouse.

"Yes hun, me and your dad want to head somewhere we might take a while so take care of your brother." she said while playing with a strand of my curly hair with a look of admiration on her face.

Before she turned to leave she said "Honey why don't you come down and have breakfast you hardly come down, don't beat yourself up thinking."

"Okay Mom I'd be down in a minute , I just need to send my application to the last company on my list ". The company's website looked really cool and they looked like a company that could really pay well and expose their workers to all aspect of their full potential.

I got up, added some essential oils to my natural hair and stretched it out with my hands. I rushed down the sink to wash the oil off my hands and rushed down the stairs to meet Sekani.

"You rat, you shouldn't be eating from the pots we have plates for a reason you know." I rushed to him closing the pot with it's lid and pushing him out of the kitchen.

"Sis don't you know food tastes better in the pot so let the young man be."Sekani shrugged settling down in a high stool by the kitchen counter.

"You are such a weirdo bruh , that's why you gat no girl."I clapped back in a sassy manner.

"I choose to gat no girl I have priorities skai !" He chuckled knowing he's been single since birth.

Then the door bell rang and I looked at Sekani expecting him to get the door.

"The possibility of me getting the door is as impossible as the possibility of you growing taller than me."he smirked knowing how tall he is that people mistake him for being the older one.

I rolled my eyes at him and went towards the door only to open it up to the familiar figure wearing a black tracksuit and blonde hair looking scattered on his head.

"Andre! What are you doing here?"my eyes widened as I was shocked to see him.

"Good morning skai, it's been so long, I need to talk to you and I know you do too."he said while trying to peek inside my home gesturing we go inside.

"Yo! , Dude you ain't entering no where. Who knows what mafia group gonna burst into here ,you talk to her outside we have nothing to lose out there." Sekani ushered us outside with his hands to the squeaky swing tied to a tree on our lawn.

We settled on the swing while Andre turned sideways to get a good view of me. "So we are here what do you have to say Andre or should I say blackjack." I folded my arms across my abdomen taking a good look at the ring he gave me.

"I was going to tell you sooner or later but I was waiting for the right time to do so , I've been in this business since I was 17. I needed the cash to take care of my mom when she had cancer and my dad was out of job. This was the only way I could get enough cash to set us free from financial crisis." He tried to take my hands in his but I resisted turning sideways to take a good look at him .

"Really Andre , what happened to asking for help or looking for an appropriate job to care for your mom uhn ?! Look I know there's still more to this story you ain't telling because last time I checked you never mentioned your dad ever being broke !" I clapped back at him feeling annoyed that he had the guts to lie to my face.

"Okay fine ! Where do you think my dad's money comes from uhn ,yeah that's right , it came from this business and he was the leader of the group but once I turned 18 I had to take over , I promise skai I didn't want to but I had to do it for the money because we all know my dad won't spend money on my sick mom when he has so many concubines." He went on his two knees and knelt on the grass clenching my knees.

"Andre, I don't hate you I still love you and would want to carry on with the wedding but you have to make a decision. You have to drop the mafia." His eyes widened as he got up trying to piece what I just said.

"Babe , I've been in this for 7 years and now I'm a full blown leader I can't leave just like that especially because of a girl." He looked annoyed with a disgusted look on his face. I felt rage burning in me hearing how he belittled me.

"Excuse me, because of a girl ?!" I let out a unamused laugh."You paid a whole lot of my bills and other things like that but that doesn't give you the damn right to talk to me like trash." I stood up from the swing and turned towards our house and I could  spot Sekani behind the window watching us.

"I'm sorry babe , I was just ..." I cut him getting down to the chase .

"Andre you have to make a choice now. Who's it gonna be me or the mafia ?"I gave him a stern look that could pierce through his soul.

"You can't do that. You're putting me in a hard place. Common girl don't do this. "I took the ring of my finger and forcefully put it in his hands.

"Well you might as well marry the gang then , I can't marry a mafia Lord who kills and does everything illegal in this life !"I paused for a second and then a question came to my mind and I asked "Tell me something , you took the position of being the leader because your dad handed it over to you, would that also be the case when you eventually get a son ?"

He looked up at me still in shock that I was ending our relationship. Looking so distraught he said "Of course it's a family business handed down from my grand dad ". He paused then took a step closer and I took two steps back.

"Skai are you seriously doing this ?" His green eyes peered into mine looking for an answer.

"Yes and I don't want to have anything to do with you since you are now a person of illegal business. I don't want no damn cops looking for me. I love you Andre but you made a choice and you have to live up to it." I said then climbed up the little steps leading to our front door then I turned and looked over at him.

"Goodbye Andre " I stormed inside the house and raced up to my room with tears building up in my eyes locking myself in. I took off my clothes and went into the bath tub and sat in there letting the shower rain over me.

I wish this shower could drain away my sorrows and heart break. Why Andre?! Why did you have to make a choice like that.