Failed Attempt

Drake Johnson's POV

I observed the lit shops and bars and the people who walked past me as I walked down the cold streets of Spain.

I checked my cellphone and it was 12:07am, realizing how late it was I decided to check for hotels around.

Clicking my Maps app, I had a change of mind. I'm too disturbed and lost in thoughts to settle down.

I decided to clear my head and relax before lodging in an hotel. Looking across the street, my gaze fell upon a chilled bar that was calm for me.

Without thinking twice I crossed over. A thermal sensation filled my body as I stepped into the bar.

The place was filled up with all sorts of people and half of them were already drunk.

Looking away from the wasted group I turned to the bar stools by the counter.

Settling down on one of the stools, I dropped my bag on the floor beside me then I held my troubled head in my palms.

"You don't look good." I raised my head to see a skinny curly head grinning at me.

"How do you know I don't speak Spanish ?" I squinted as I sat upright.

"You don't look like someone from here." He shrugged as he used his hands to comb a handful of his long curls behind his head.

"Oh." I sniffed as I rested my cheeks against my palm.

"You want double shots ?" He asked me as he took a drink shaker in his hands.

"No thanks, I'm not the type that drink away my sorrows." I waved him off as I took out my phone from my pocket.

"So you walked into a bar just to have a seat ?!" He gave me a sarcastic look as he shook his head.

"If you must know I came here to clear my head." I defended myself as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Señor, you don't clear your head in a bar." He chuckled to himself as he put some ice in a glass cup.

"You won't back down, won't you?" He nodded his head with a mischievous smile.

Realizing I've lost the argument, I let out a huge sigh. "Fine, what do you have ?"

"Hold on." He poured  little portions from a bottle of campari and vermouth drink into the drink shaker, and added a little amount of orange juice.

He smiled as he shook the shaker then he poured it into a glass cup, the liquid was sparkly red and the ice cubes made it look nice as it filled the cup.

Pushing the cup to me he gave me a knowing look, I looked up at him with an unsure look but he gestured for me to have a sip.

I shook my head and took the glass to my mouth, it smelt really nice but it's scent is nothing compared to it's taste.

It was moderately bitter and sweet at the same time, the bitter taste of the campari and burning sensation of vermouth was complimented by the sweet taste of the juice.

"Wow, that's really good." I said as I dropped the glass with the rest of it's contents on the counter.

He chuckled as he moved to the other end of the counter to attend to other people.

I looked down at the red drink as I twirled the cup making the ice cubes click against the glass.

Even if I just had a good drink, my unhappy state wouldn't let me enjoy it because I usually get a sick feeling in my gut which makes me reluctant to eat or drink anything.