The Contract

The house has been really lonely and quiet since Sekani left for college. I miss him so much, I miss his clumpsy attitude, his hailing and noises he made anytime he watched football even his constant barging into my room. I miss everything about Sekani.

I was always alone at home, I hardly had visitors because I have few friends just Becky and Mike. Sometimes Becky spends the weekend at my place to keep me company while Mike visits once in a while.

It was a Friday night and Becky decided to spend the weekend here. We were in the living room talking about how our week went.

"So tell me how is your new job going?"I asked Becky who was on the other side of the couch, leaning forward to reach her toe nails that she was painting with a nail polish.

"Oh girl, that place is amazing !! The environment , the workers, the clients and the exposure are all wonderful...."she said smiling widely showing how excited she was. Then she leaned back into the chair to face me.

"But my favourite is the Boss !"she said resting her hand on the edge of the couch.

"That man is so finnneee, he's a clear evidence that God exists because he was created so perfectly, perfect jawlines, perfect biceps, perfect hair and his smile ...... Oh Lord !"she said crawling closer to me, using her hands to hold her head while day dreaming about her 'supposed boss '.

"You're just exaggerating, a man can't be that perfect"I giggled looking at how Becky was acting like a 13 year old weirdo.

"You don't believe me uhn ....okay .."she said reaching for her phone on the table then she handed it over to me to take a look at some pictures of her boss.

And I must say this man is really handsome. He was tall with a slightly huge stature, he had curly hair with nice sport waves and a really nice caramel skin colour.

"Now do you see ?" She said feeling victorious that she proved me wrong.

I scrolled further on the webpage that spoke about his biography. And I found out other surprising details.

"What?! He's also a billionaire and a successor of the Johnson's Empire. He's just 25 !" I said all in one breath surprised at how far he has gone in life.

"Yeah that's him.....but I'm not really into him"Becky said with a pout while twisting a strand of her hair with her index finger.

"Why?! He's married ?" I asked.

"No he's super single but there's something about Drake Johnson people don't get to see that only his employees know about."she paused for a while then continued speaking.

"He's a rock."she said with a annoyed look before standing up walking towards the kitchen.

"A rock ?! What do you mean ?"I asked her following her into the kitchen where she was getting ready to make dinner.

"Just like a rock , he's hard hearted and cold. He's mean, talks anyhow he likes to anyone and doesn't care about how you would feel later on."she said all this while chopping some onions on a chopping board.

"Who knew the devil had the prettiest face"I chuckled and rolled my eyes at my comment.

"I know right! Well enough of me what about you, how's your boring life going ?" She asked putting the onions into a frypan that was on a lit burner.

"You yourself said it , it's boring there's nothing new to talk about,let me help you with the cooking."I began to marinate the already sliced pieces of meat.

We cooked and ate while talking about other girls stuff. We practically did a whole lot of catching up because we have been too busy to see or talk due to the busy nature of our jobs.