Shattering Glasses

I got up from bed that morning with a pounding headache, I felt a huge tugging in my guts as I sat up on my bed.

I winced as I gripped my belly, I tried reaching for my phone on my nightstand when my hands collided with a glass cup which shattered on the ground.

I screamed as I realized the shattering of the glass, I jumped back on my bed due to the shock I felt.

My door was thrown open by Drake who was already dressed for the day's work. He looked distraught as he rushed towards me.

"Skai, what happened ?" He asked as he looked down at the shattered glass on the floor.

"It was an accident." I got up from my bed as I shook off the shock from my body.

"Did you hurt yourself ?" He asked as he ran his hands through my arms as he checked for cuts.

"No, I'm fine." I said coldly as I withdrew my hands from his.

"Skai, how long would you be like this ?" He asked as he rested his hands on his hips.

"Be how ?"

"Cold and angry, I've apologized haven't I ?" He tugged at the back of his head.

"I'm not angry nor cold, I'm just overwhelmed with everything happening." I said as I trailed towards my dresser to get my robe.

"So much information to process, so much responsibility to carry out and so many people to run away from." I had a long face as I put on my robe.

Drake walked towards me as he took the belt of my robe from my hands and helped me in knotting it.

"I understand you're tired of everything but you're not alone." He smiled as he made a firm knot.

"I'm here to help you with all of your problems but I can only do that if you let me in." I looked up at him as his eyes were boring holes into my soul.

I didn't say anything in return and he knew I wasn't going to say anything so he drew me in a hug, I couldn't restrained myself from wrapping my arms around him, maybe it was time to let go of all the grudges.

"Thanks." I whispered as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Don't thank me for what I'm supposed to do."He said as he stroke my back slowly.

I looked over at the window and I could see the sun rising then it occurred to me I had to go to work.

"I need to get ready now." I said as I pulled away from him slowly.

"Same here, take care of yourself and don't stay too long." He pecked me on the lips before retreating to the door.

I watched him as he walked out of my room before going into the bathroom to have my bath.

I climbed down the stairs and I could hear loud laughter from the living room. My eyes landed on Sekani and Khalil who where seated on the couch watching a movie while having their breakfast.

"Good morning guys." I said as I looked at them with a confused look.

"Morning." They both said with their eyes fixed on the screen, I guess it's one of their addictive series.

"Why are you having breakfast here ?" I asked them as I took my seat in a couch so I could wear my heels.

"Coz of the movie." Sekani said as he put a full slice of bread into his mouth.

"Who cooked ?" I asked as I saw a plate of scrambled eggs on the center table alongside a teapot which is probably filled with tea.

"We did alongside Drake." Khalil said as he gave me a proud look.