I'm leaving home

I walked home still reminiscing the events from Becky's home and how much crazy stuff we did . Mehn I wish I was a living on my own like Becky, so much privacy and freedom.

You might be wondering what does a girl like me need privacy and freedom for well I'm 23 and I shouldn't be lazying around in my father's house. I really need to check up on those applications I submitted last three weeks. I need a job urgently.

I was about entering our lawn leading up to our house when a car screeched almost hitting me oh boy with all this stuff going on in my life I wish it did .

"What's your problem girl ?!, If you wanna die go over a bridge or slit your vein or something you shouldn't bug us thriving men !!" a black dude with durag and chains shouted from inside his car at me.

"Oh maybe you shouldn't smoke too much weed and drive. You know there's something called brain inside of you. You should use it sometimes"
I clapped back giving him a sassy attitude while he was opening his front door to confront me but he stopped hearing someone's hefty voice.

"Get home boy! You should probably head home with your car or an ambulance might take you home"my dad said making the guy take off with his car.

"I got that dad ,you don't need to protect me all the time I'm matured and independent of myself. I don't need you or your biceps" I said while getting inside I was expecting him to call me or something but he let me go.

##########

I've showered and I'm wearing baggy Jean trousers and a white T-shirt with my hair tied in a messy bun , yeah natural curly hair don't make a neat bun.

I was checking out my emails hoping I had been invited by any of the companies when my door was thrown open by no other than Sekani.

"What's up with you ?"Sekani asked sitting on my bed . I turned to him from my table to see my crazy brother spreading across the whole bed.

"I was good and peaceful until you showed up laying like a starfish on my bed"I said sarcastically looking at how childish he can be at times."Man grow up you are 18"I chuckled.

"Oh well I wish I could be 10 years younger and see my parents together again not having to deal with the whole divorce truama" he said looking sad and then he got up and stood behind me who was pretending to be engrossed in my laptop.

"What are you doing sis ?, You're always on your laptop "he asked messing with my letting my hair scrunchy fall off.

"First off I'm looking or should I say hunting for a job , refreshing pages in my email hoping to see something new while you infect my perfect hair with your filthy hands"I said while slapping his hand off my head.

"You already have a big head why do get a huge fur ball for a hair"he chuckled looking down at how full and curly my hair was.

"I'm so tired of refreshing my mails nothing is popping up ,I give up !" I said about to stand up from the seat when Sekani pushed me back down.

"No sis, you have to get a job, your leaving home depends on this and yes I know you want to stay on your own so for that to work you have to get the job, so skai refresh that page !!!" He ordered and I obeyed like I was he younger spoilt sibling.

My eyes widened as I got a new email from a company named Orchard Industries who needed and auditor to audit their accounts. I screamed for joy seeing that they want me to come and have an interview with them by Friday at 12pm which was next two days.

Sekani squinted his eyes and then his eyes lit up like he just remembered something. "Sis I know this company ,the CEO"s son of the company is my classmate and he was blabbing to me one day about how his dad is planning on recruiting new and young workers especially from the college you graduated from, so skai you already have a free ticket just go wow them with your interview !"he reached for me and hugged me tightly and I yelped because somehow Sekani has become stronger.

"Slow down man, it's just an interview I haven't gotten it yet !" I said and I broke the hug.

"What ever I'm going out sis I need to catch up with some old friends see you later"he said on his way out of my room.

###########

It was Thursday morning and I was in the kitchen having cereals while I was scrolling on Instagram looking at silly comedy videos. Then a loud crash came from upstairs, I thought it was Sekani being clumsy but it wasn't him because he just came in from the front door after his early morning jog.

"Sekani did you hear that ?"I asked with worry in my voice.

"Yes that's why I rushed inside , what's the ....."he was about saying something until I heard my mom shouting and rushing down the stairs with her luggage.

"I'm done and done with this , I can't continue with this , I leave today besides we have nothing tying us together "she stormed done the stairs and held her index fingers against her temples trying to calm herself.

"Linda! Don't you talk like that we have the kids here who are tying us together and if you really want to leave so bad the doors isn't faraway"my dad barked sounding so annoyed and I knew he was angry by the way he called my mom's first name.

I left the kitchen corner and went in between my parents feeling drained.
"What's going on this time uhn?"I asked.

"Honey I'm leaving today , I'm moving into my new house. The deed has been done , your dad and I are over !!"my mom said while she was dragging her luggage to the cab which she probably ordered waiting outside.

I sat on the floor feeling so drained and tired ,angry, mad and sick of the whole scenery. Sekani came over to hold me and hug me , my dad wanted to do the same but Sekani stopped him.

"I think you've done enough harm dad, just let us be please !" Sekani ushered us to go into my room so I could rest and relive myself from the stress.

We were in my room laying in my bed looking into thin air thinking where do we go from here.

My mom came in and sat on the edge of the bed looking at us in admiration alongside shame.

"Oh my babies , I'm so sorry I have to leave you but your dad has caused me so much harm over the years and I'm sick of it......I......."she was struggling with words when Sekani went over to hug her.

"It's okay Mom, I get it was a strong battle and you couldn't keep up anymore I can't say for skai but I totally understand you "he pecked mom on her forehead and she hugged him tightly.

She looked over at me with worry that I wouldn't allow her come close but she's my mom right ? Oh well.

"Oh mom! I would miss you so much !" I hugged her while she kissed my forehead and we stayed hugging each other for a while before she said she had to leave finally and for good.

I just can't believe it's finally happening my parents are apart and no longer together. Wow is this all there is to life .