entry #30 | нå¢кєd

━━━━༻ ♥ ༺━━━━
hacked
00100000
━━━━༻ ♥ ༺━━━━

They began their search in the classrooms of Spring Hall. Reese reasoned that many people would still be in Winter Hall since that was where they started, so it was best to begin looking for cards in the Hall furthest away, Spring. They were betting on the others not having the same mindset as them.

"I still don't get this," (Y/n) said. "We don't know who the faces are and we're supposed to find a bunch of cards that help us in some way?"

"Something like that," Reese said thoughtfully. "We'll just run as soon as someone other than Jas and the others approach us, agreed?" She nodded.

"It's so weird how there's no one else here..." she murmured as they walked. They went into an empty English classroom and began their search. "I still can't get used to this. It's freakier than being alone in school at night since there are supposed to be people at this time of day."

The red-haired male opened and closed drawers. "Please don't remind me of that time Lucy dared me to go to the school at night and write 'Hiya, Pops!' on the window in my old man's office," he shuddered. "His face when he found out and the experience was terrifying."

"Didn't you pee yourself or—"

"I did not! Lucy was lying! Don't listen to her!"

"Sure, sure. Whatever you—oh, look." She spotted a flash of white near the window. She carefully reached behind the potted cactus plant and drew out a white envelope, similar to the one that was sent to her mailbox that morning.

Reese came to her side and looked over her shoulder curiously, his long hair tickling her arm. "What's that? Another card?"

"Maybe." She opened up the envelope to reveal a letter and a tarot card. Rather than a letter, it was more like a crudely hand-drawn map. (Y/n) handed the map to the male and inspected the card. "The Hanged Man," she read. "There's a note attached to the back."

(Y/n) flipped it over and took the folded piece of paper that was taped to it off. "Note to first-timers, this is a supplies card," she began to read the small text. "Bring it to the commons room in any of the four halls. You will be admitted inside and allowed to pick one item. Provisions and beverages are not included."

Reese raised his eyebrows. "What is this, the Hunger Games now? What 'supply' do we need?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling in the mood for some more new pillows..."

He rolled his eyes. "When aren't you in the mood? Come on, let's go see what they have. The commons room in Spring Hall should be just down the hall."

And it was. Thankfully, no one else was there. The two peered in through the window, but it had been shaded. A sign on the door read "knock thrice." (Y/n) did just that, rapped her knuckles three times against the wood.

The door opened, and a familiar white-haired elderly woman stepped out. As soon as she saw them, her eyes lit up in surprise before falling. "Oh, sweetheart," she sighed, sadness gracing her gentle features. "Hello there, (Y/n), Reese."

"Hi, Mrs. Richards," (Y/n) said at the same time the redhead greeted the woman with a "Yo." "Is something wrong?"

The elderly woman offered her a soft smile and opened the door wider. "Come in for now and I'll explain everything." Her eyes darted from side-to-side as the two went inside. Then she closed the door quietly and flicked the lock. The (h/c)-haired girl watched her unusual actions with obvious curiosity.