entry #36 | єχρℓσïт

━━━━༻ ♦ ༺━━━━
exploit
00100000
━━━━༻ ♦ ༺━━━━

Reese Grayson, Number 6, the Devil, has been killed. May Fortuna smile kindly on the rest of you.

A single line of text, small, holographic white letters on a techno-blue notification and that was all it took to break her down. Her vision narrowed, black spots appearing at the edges of her vision until all she could see was blurred underwater images. All she could hear is the drumming of her heart against her chest, the palpitations growing louder and louder. The concerned and angry voices of those around her and the telltale beeping of her heart monitor around her neck, as the blue line turned an angry red.

Her body felt too hot but too cold at the same time. Her hands were trembling as she tried to press them onto her chest to calm herself; she had no pills for her condition. No diagnosis, no treatment, nothing. Her only solution was to inhale and exhale, and hope that and a glass of water was enough to placate her heartbeat.

Her breaths came out sharp and shallow as her vision continued to darken and narrow until the faces around her blurred and warped into a kaleidoscope. There was a dizziness unlike anything she's felt before muddling her mind and making her stumble. Uncomfortable tingles ran over her skin and numbness spread across her hands that still felt like they were on fire and freezing at the same time. Tingles made as if from a whisper, a hushed and dark voice whispering in her head.

"He's dead," the voice seemed to say. "And everyone else is going to die too. And then you'll be alone. This is what living death feels like."

The choker was going off wildly now as her heartbeat only escalated. Nothing came out of her mouth as she seemed to choke on nothing. Her legs weakened and she fell, slowly, her eyes still open but unfocused.

"It's okay, it'll be okay," Jasper was saying as he helped her into a sitting position. "You'll be fine. We can do this. Breathe, (Y/n), breathe. Breathe with me. Can you hear me?"

Weakly, she managed to find the strength to nod. The navy blue-haired male looked relieved. "Good. Now let's breathe slowly. Inhale...exhale. Inhale...exhale. Count to ten. How are you feeling?" She only shook her head. "It's okay, let's try again. Concentrate on your breathing, okay?" And then to Keller, "She's having a panic attack. Can you grab a bottle of water somewhere?"

The brown-haired male, who had looked very worried for the girl, nodded and didn't waste a second as he went down the hall in search of a vending machine. Elijah was crouched beside her, concern written all over his face.

"You're her friend, right?" He was asking the boy. "Does this usually happen?" Jasper shook his head.

"I've never seen her like this before. She doesn't usually get scared or surprised by anything. Heck, I'm surprised she has any emotion other than boredom." Jasper combed his fingers through her hair soothingly. "(Y/n), how are you feeling now?"

She opened her mouth to speak, her voice coming out weaker than she'd like, making her cringe. "I'm better, I guess..."

"We'll take it slow, alright?" Jasper patted her back and hugged her. "Let's move into the classroom."

"Are you alright, honey?" Ms. Florence as worriedly as she and Jasper helped the (h/c)-haired girl to her feet. She brushed a lock of the girl's hair from her sweat-slicked forehead before taking out a handkerchief and wiping her face. "Do you need anything?"

"I'm good, thanks," (Y/n) managed to say. She stared hard down at her feet to banish the heartbreaking thoughts from her head. The device around her neck had stopped beeping and the red line turned yellow. She wasn't completely back to normal yet.