entry #50 | яєωïηd

━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━
rewind
00100000
━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━

If (Y/n) ever found the energy and willpower in her to attend a job interview, at the part where they ask her about her qualifications, she'd say she's been through a hostage situation before and escaped by channeling her inner Tarzan. Or Jane. But Mojo Jojo's better.

And that's where she was: on a tree. Or maybe the tree was on her. Her sense of direction was already pretty messed up anyway. Now she was stuck between two branches and very high up off the ground. For some reason, she had thought it was a smart idea to try and climb down the tree to visit Reese when she discovered the elevators needed a key pass and Kieran was watching her every move.

And stairs? Why use stairs and front doors when you can use a tree and a window?

Yeah, she didn't know what she was thinking anyway but (Y/n) did discover one thing that day. She was definitely not Tarzan and she had no innate tree climbing talent at all.

Getting on the tree from the fourth floor was one thing. Getting down was another. She really didn't want to break a bone or something by jumping down.

Fortunately, or unfortunately she might say, she didn't go unnoticed for long. Leon found her quickly, blinking up rapidly at her as if he didn't believe what he was seeing. She couldn't blame him; she wouldn't either. (Y/n) White, climbing a tree? In what universe?

There was no trace of a uniform on him; he was wearing a black tank top that clung to his frame and exposed his toned arms, as well as a pair of black pants. Black from head to toe. His normally messy hair was even messier than usual, windblown and pushed to the side like an afterthought. She could make out the sparkle of a silver chain around his neck. 

In his hand was a sleek black instrument case, the golden clasp gleaming in the sunlight. It looked strange on him, but not as strange as him in a uniform. He was a fit and lean creature with sinewy muscles, something dark and soft at the same time. The white and gold Fortuna uniform was not something that suited all that.

He blinked slowly and set down the case against the tree. "What are you doing up there?" He asked, coming closer to her. (Y/n) shifted into a more comfortable position on the branch while clinging onto it for dear life.

"Sleeping, obviously," she drawled, her voice laced thickly with sarcasm. "It's such a nice day out. Totally normal for a girl to randomly crawl out the window and take a nap in a tree."

He looked puzzled. "You...rather sleep up there?"

"Yeah, it's so comfortable. No, I'm stuck."

He stared up at her in shock before a small smile graced his lips. "Need help getting down?"

"I mean if you could get me a ladder or something that would be great—"

"We don't have a four-story tall ladder," he said apologetically. A gust of wind blew past them, making the leaves on the tree shake and (Y/n) tighten her hold on the trunk. Falling was the least of her worries right now. If he thought she was trying to escape and told Tristan, that would be the end of everything.

Leon brushed a lock of his unkempt hair from his eyes and circled around the tree until he was directly below her. He reached up, his arms spread. "Jump," he said. "I'll catch you."

"Um, that's very nice of you but..." (Y/n) eyed the distance from her position and the grass with distrust. "I'll probably land on your head and we'll both break something. Maybe you could find a rope?" She said the last part hopefully.