entry #48 | ѕρу

━━━━༻ ♦ ༺━━━━
spy
00100000
━━━━༻ ♦ ༺━━━━

Tristan kept his word. That was good. What also was good was the fact that he didn't try to pull her into idle conversation like Jaehyun keeps doing. And she appreciated that. (Y/n) wasn't sure if she would be able to keep herself from saying something that would get herself killed or worse, get Reese killed.

Honestly, she still wasn't sure how far these people could go. Questions were buzzing around in the back of her head, hanging on the tip of her tongue, but she made no move to voice them. Who did Mr. Howards really kill? Who killed Isla? Is superstition the only reason the headmaster's continuing these Games? How does he decide when to host the next one?

The elevator opened. They were in the basement but she wouldn't have known had she not peeked at the elevator buttons. The decorations were fanciful, giving the basement an air of luxury and sophistication with its plush, dark red, velvet rococo armchairs clustered around an unlit fireplace. Everything was mahogany and dark; the rooms were dimly lit. It looked more like a parlor than a basement.

He led her down another hall. They arrived at a door at the very end of the hallway. It looked like an innocent wooden door, the kind anyone would pass by without a second glance. There was no window, nothing for her to peek into. 

Tristan rapped on the door sharply, one, two. "Grayson," he said as it the name was foul. "Are you awake?"

"Go screw yourself, you filthy Axe-wearing perfume ad—"

"I don't understand what insulting my cologne has anything to do with this. And for your information, I do not wear Axe."

She heard the redhead's familiar scowl. "Did I ask?"

"Reese!" She couldn't help herself. The room quieted before Reese spoke again.

"(N/n)?" He asked in a confused voice that switched between relief and anger, not sure which one to settle on. "What are you doing here? Knight—what the hell are you—"

"I'm unlocking the door," the blue-haired male interrupted, pulling a golden key out of his pocket. "You have five minutes."

"Only five?" (Y/n) gaped at him. But her attention was fixated at the sight of the wooden door swinging open. But much to her dismay, there was another door between them, this one made entirely out of iron bars.

"I'm not opening that," Tristan said before she could say anything. "I believe five is enough for you, is it not? Or were you planning to do something else?"

He— She took a deep breath and let it out, a fair of her anger dissipating away. "No, of course not." She tried to keep the anger from her voice lest he changed his mind. "T-thanks."

He didn't say anything. He merely inclined his head and throwing one last dark look at the red-haired male, he turned the corner, no doubt waiting at the other side. As soon as he was gone, she turned back to her friend, her hands curling around the bars as if she could melt them with her touch. She might as well be able to with how high her body temperature had risen.

Reese was on the other side in the instant, his forehead smacking into the bars. "Ow." He frowned and rubbed his reddening forehead. "Your existence was so bright it blinded me. Literally, amirite?"

She rolled her eyes at his antics. "How are you not melting?"

"Hell is cold, (N/n). Cold as the slice of cake I left in the fridge to save for later—oh my God Carter's going to eat it!"

Carter was Reese's older brother. (Y/n) rarely saw him; the older Grayson was fresh out of college and already an acclaimed diplomat. The last they heard from the guy who used to troll them by saying he hid Easter eggs for them but really didn't was when he was in Rwanda clearing up the tensions since the Rwandan Genocide.