OBI-WAN KENOBI [2]

obi wan overhearing your confession

today was the day. today was the day you were finally going to tell him how you felt. you only hoped he would take it well. you had had a crush on obi wan kenobi since the beginning of your meetings despite the fact that he was a jedi. you knew that even if he somehow miraculously returned your affections, you would be able to do nothing with them, just leave them open and fragile with the terrible possibility of being shattered into a thousand pieces. but you also knew that you had to tell him everything. during your last professional encounter, you had inquired if he would mind meeting at a recently opened restaurant not too far away from where you lived the next week. he, of course, obliged. you had grinned broadly, already formulating a plan in your head and being glad you could count on obi wan for anything. however, as you waited slightly impatiently at the best table in the restaurant, you couldn't help but wonder if obi wan had forgotten about the date— meeting. or perhaps he was lost. maybe he gotten the time mixed up. or even worse, what if he just hadn't wanted to come at all? in an effort to calm your bouncing nerves, you glanced down at your boots and began to rehearse how exactly you were going to confess to him. you tried multiple times, restarting every time you started to sound like a love struck child, your voice rising each time with embarrassment and the knowledge that this was a stupid idea. you quickly rose to your feet and started collecting your belongings, wanting to avoid the shame of unrequited feelings and being stood up no less, but a familiar voice suddenly froze you in place.

---

"who am i fooling? no one can know i'm in love with obi wan kenobi."

"excuse me (y/n), did i just hear you correctly?"