GENERAL HUX [2]

hux putting you in your place

clenching your jaw and biting down to prevent the snide burning remark from slipping off your tongue, you raised your eyes to gaze at the general right in front of you. it seemed he hardly cared if you were listening or not. either that or he just didn't notice. tasting blood, you bit down harder on your tongue to keep your mouth shut as hux continued his reprimand of your "insufferable" and "reckless" behavior. once a well known commanding officer within the ranks of the first order, you were demoted three ranks to lieutenant for the loss of a stormtrooper regiment to a surprise attack by the resistance. others had tried to warn you about the rebels being spotted slinking about like rats within the shadows but you had waved the reports off, believing them to be false. this was a mistake and now you were paying the price. you knew you deserved punishment for your blatant stupidity and being demoted was shameful enough but having this ginger twig yell at you in front of numerous other officers was even more shameful, which he knew. face flaming, you could hold your tongue no longer.

---

"i was only trying to defend—"

"you will not speak unless commanded to do so, lieutenant."