HAN SOLO [4]

han when you tell him you're leaving

you didn't know why you stuck around with him for all these months. you were just supposed to be hitch hiking to the nearest system but you ended up staying much longer. you weren't sure if it was because you liked his snarky attitude that always kept you on your toes or because it was actually fun to play dejarik with chewbacca (when he was winning). you had once craved han's lifestyle, the sense of adventure, the thrill of the chase, and the risk of capture. compared to your mundane life on bespin, you thought it was what you always wanted. but after too many close calls, it began to hurt more than excite. the thought of han not being able to talk his way out of being boarded, unable to escape the clutches of the empire didn't sit like it used to. you were fearful for him, anxious that every jump to hyper space could be his last. you tried to bring up your worries to him once but he just laughed you off, apathetic to his own fate despite the predicament it would leave you and chewy in. you weren't sure why you cared about his well-being all of a sudden, all you knew was that your feelings had changed and you could no longer sit idly by. the day soon came when the falcon was finally caught and boarded by imperials but while he was busy dropping his smuggled cargo, you were fraught with panic in the med hold and you realized you couldn't live like this anymore, forever waiting for the day han solo would be captured. so when he finally touched down in mos eisley on a small desert planet in the outer rim, you took your leave for good.

---

"i can't do it, han. not anymore. your recklessness... it's too much for me. tell chewy i'm gonna miss him."

"and what about me? you're not gonna miss me at all?"