BODHI ROOK [2]

bodhi risking his life to save you

you had just met the man but you honestly felt like he was the closest person you ever had to a friend. possibly even more than a friend. he would most likely never know that though because as of right now, the battle of scarif was not playing out in the rebellion's favor. as a young eager officer, you had jumped at the chance to prove yourself to the rebel leaders, initially having no idea that this mission went completely against their wishes. with his simple presence, bodhi rook had calmed your anxious thoughts of what would happen when faced with their wrath back on base. now lying helplessly behind a crate of boxes, listening to the blaster shots of imperial troopers draw closer, you desperately wished for bodhi's presence again. you couldn't shout for him because that would alert the troopers and you couldn't get up to look for him due to the large gash in your upper leg which was steadily oozing blood all over your pants leg despite your desperate efforts to stem the flow. just as you thought your doom was nigh, you heard a whirring machine gun and suddenly, bodhi was at your side. he had recruited some help from nearby allies to distract the imperials and he was currently attempting to wrap one of your arms around his neck so he could help carry you to safety. so shocked were you that for a moment, bodhi was alone in holding your dead weight but soon, you were limping towards an empty shuttle, arm hooked firmly around your friend. you were vaguely wishing that this was happening under different circumstances when a sudden sharp pain interrupted your thoughts and you collapsed, bringing bodhi with you. a trooper had just shot you in the back, the bolt ripping through fabric and skin, hitting your spine. tears began to wet your face as you realized you could no longer feel the pain of your leg wound. you couldn't feel your legs at all. bodhi placed himself over you, one arm wrapped protectively around you while the other fumbled for his blaster, ignoring the explosions, smoke, and burning debris around him.

---

"bodhi, you have to go without me! i can't move, you have to save yourself!

"no, (y/n)! i'm not leaving without you!"