9.

•|•

After that night Bakugou and Izuku had become closer. They were friends. The word friend is quite vague, but to these boys having someone to lean on meant a bit too much. It was something them kept them going, but if gone, forever left them drowning. It was a curse and a blessing.

•|•

| Bakugou POV |

The ball was tomorrow, but as much as I hated balls, I felt a bit better. The rest of the week was filled with secret stake out's with Izuku, and none of them were ever boring. I felt a bit more at ease, for some unapparent reason. The ball would still be boring, but at least no longer unbearable. However, there was one thing that kept irking me. I wanted to ask Izuku whether he was going to be at the ball, but I never had the chance to. I figured if he was I'd see him tomorrow, so with that, I felt myself drifting off into a deep slumber.

•|•

The next morning I surprisingly woke up without the loud banging on my door. It felt good to wake up in peace for once, that didn't last long though. I felt a knock on my door, I groaned a bit before dragging myself towards the door. 

I opened the door to a pleasant treat. No, I wasn't talking about the food.

| Izuku POV |

"What're you doing here," Bakugou asked, a bit surprised.

"Th-the servant that normally comes accidentally spilled some hot soup on himself while he was cooking so he couldn't come and I-I v-volunteered," I muffled, a bit embarrassed, what if he got mad that I came. 

I heard him hum at my response and cheekily smile a bit. I don't know why but it made me blush a bit, what in tarnation, Izuku pull yourself together. 

"Well, how about you come in and bring my breakfast in," I heard him insist, so I followed.

I heard a not so subtle whistle from the guard in front, Bakugou gave him a quick glare, before looking down at me and telling me to come on in. I still felt my cheeks feel a bit hot.

"Put the food down, over there," he pointed towards a table by his bedside. 

"A-am I supposed to be here," I asked warily.

"Think of this as inviting a friend over, of course, you are," he tittered back.

I put his food down and pulled up a chair in front of the table, and Bakugou sat in front of me. 

I saw him take a bite of the pancake on his plate. I knew I was staring, but I had to admit, it looked delicious. Before I knew it I felt a pancake nudge at my lips.

"Oh, I'm sorry for staring, I don't need it," I refuted, but Bakugou didn't budge.

"I'll only eat if you eat with me!" he almost sounded like a 10-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.  

"I suppose, I will, then" I answered and finally ate the bite of pancake that Bakugou had been holding up.

It didn't take long for both of us to empty all the plates. I didn't have such a filling meal in such a long time. It felt wonderful.