Zex

3rd person.

The next day Freddy went out to take Amelia to tour Glenwood campus. Freddy had stars in his eyes the entire time. He was proud of this place.

When they got back, Freddy was happy then as they turned the corner they saw the Daemos standing there with an unknown man.
It looked like they lowered something when Freddy and Amelia came around.
"Freddy, your back early." Rhys was surprised
"Yeah, it started to rain, so we came back early," Freddy said. He was a bit Suspicious.
"Whos this?" Amelia asked.
Then Ava came out of her room.
"Sorry it took me a while to find my charge-" She interrupted herself when she saw us.
"Ava, what did I say about bringing random people up here" Freddy scolded her. "Remember what happened last time," He said, trough his teeth.
"Oh, sorry, this is Zex, " She introduced him.
"Well, it's nice to meet you," Freddy said, not sure about it. "I'm Freddy. This is my sister, Amelia."
Amelia waved.
Ava had offered Zex something to eat, and he agreed.

Over on the couch, things were anything but peaceful.

Freddy and Amelia were helping Ava cook.

Zex sneered at the others. "I never thought I'd see the day that Daemos would answer to humans. How pathetic is that? They've even changed your attire and removed your horns." He scoffed softly. "Truly, this is a new low...even for Prince Asch."

"Do not let him provoke you," Pierce softly warned the others, looking down at his lap even as he clenched his hands into fists.

"Even the great General Pierce," he purred tauntingly. "You used to serve as Rhal's knight before you were placed with Asch."

"Our past does not define us."

"Of course." Zex studied the faces of the Daemos around him, glancing back over his shoulder towards the humans briefly. A malicious smile began working its way across his face. "I understand now."

"Sorry, it took so long." Ava walked over, carrying a tray, "I'm not as great at cooking as Rhys or Freddy, so I made sandwiches!"
Freddy groaned."She insisted on doing it herself."
Ava gave them a sheepish grin. "They have just mayo and ham, but - "
She was interrupted by Zex popping up behind the three and put his knife to Avas throat he knocked Freddy and Amelia down to the ground. The force knocked them out.
The Daemos got their weapons out.
They argued for a while until.

Zex let out another long, cruel chuckle. "I wonder what lies they told you in exchange for information. Truly, this opportunity to be in a world infested with humans is too good to pass up."

"Silence!" Rhys ordered, even as his gaze went back to Freddy. He was out cold his back against the ground.

"They told us about Daemos," Ava shot back. "About how everyone's in danger, and they want to move everyone here!"

Zex's laughter was suddenly booming in the room. "You really think that?! You're as naive as you look. Of course, I would expect that of a human. Allow me to unveil their mask."

"Don't!" Asch cried out, sounding oddly panicked.

"The only 'danger' Daemos is in is a Magic Crisis. Our world is lacking the souls required to keep magic flowing through. Not only that, but the most prominent Daemos kingdoms are at war with each other, and our beloved Asch is the heir to the most powerful of them all. So it would make sense that the son of the most prominent kingdom would venture out to try and save the magic from failing." His grin impossibly grew wider. "Especially if his life depends on it."

"Wait! You don't mean..." Rhys's expression softened as he looked to his prince.

"Asch..." Noi whimpered softly.

"It makes sense," Ava cut in. "Who'd want their people to fall? I think Asch - no, all the Daemos here are fighting for a noble cause."

"Do you know why you're so valuable to them?" Zex sneered, leaning in closer to her ear. "Have they told you? Do you know what the source of Daemos magic is?"

"It's humans."

"...i-is this...true?" Ava asked in a tiny voice, tears already appearing at the corners of her eyes. "You were using me? Using us? This whole time?!"

"Princess Ava, please." Rhys met her gaze, pleading for her to trust his words.

Pierce looked between the two. "Our intent was indeed there, but - "

"Shut up!" The shorter woman glared at them. "The talk of marriage, everything...you wanted me to bring humans to Daemos." Her eyes flicked down towards Emerald, even though she couldn't actually see the taller woman. "and Freddy, Ameila...you all were only nice to them to get to them."

"...I'm so sorry..." Asch murmured, sounding broken.

"You apologized to these humans." The assassin spirit let out a mean laugh. "This is too good. Now I see how vulnerable you truly are."
Then Rhys popped around getting Amelia and Freddy and then went to Ava.

Freddy's pov

I groaned, my back felt like something growing out of it.
I looked around me; I have no idea where I was. I got onto my knees, and I saw....them.

"What happened here?" I asked myself, my voice weak, and my throat dry

"What happened here?" I asked myself, my voice weak, and my throat dry. Why do they have horns, where are we?
I felt weak, and I heard footsteps approach me, but then.....everything went black.