XXXVIII

It's been 3 days since the Mia thing. They never mentioned it again and the others never asked about it. Sadie had asked Finn and Noah to occupy Millie a bit. Wondering why? You'll see. But Millie had noticed that Sadie had been hiding something and not spending so much time with her, so she started overthinking. Was it because of what had happened? She had to talk to her. Sadie was about to leave her bedroom after they woke up, but Millie stopped her by grabbing her wrist gently, sliding her hand down to Sadie's hand and holding it.

-Can we talk?, asked the young brunette.

-Yes, what's up baby?, replied Sadie.

-Did I do something?, wondered the other girl.

-What do you mean?, asked the redhead.

-You've distant, almost like you're avoiding me or hiding something., answered Millie.

-Do you trust me?, said the older girl.

-Yes, of course. Why?, replied the other teenager.

-Get up and let me blindfold you., smiled Sadie.

-What? Why?, wondered Millie.

-Just trust me., replied the older girl.

Millie nodded, getting from their bed, as Sadie grabbed a scarf, slowly putting it around Millie's head, tying a knot. The brunette would be lying if she said she wasn't stressed or nervous, which Sadie of course noticed.

-Calm down. Just let me lead you, ok?, whispered the redhead.

The younger girl nodded and managed to calm down. Sadie took her hand in her own and started walking, leaving their room, but she turn right to go downstairs, no, she turned left, going through a door that Millie had never opened. Sadie warned Millie about stairs and leaded her up the stairs. Millie had no clue where she was going, but she trusted Sadie so she wasn't questioning it. Suddenly, the brunette heard another door opening and a cold breeze started blowing on her cheeks.

-Ok, we're here., whispered Sadie.

The older girl undid the knot and slowly the scarf away, revealing to Millie what she had been planning. Millie couldn't believe her eyes. They were on the rooftop. Millie looked around. Sadie had hanged some beautiful lights everywhere, lighted some candles as well, red things on the floor.

-What are those red things?, asked Millie confused.

-Well since I didn't have any roses, I improvised and asked Ava and Jacey to cut some pedals out of some old red fabric., explained the redhead.

The younger girl chuckled and continued looking. It was beautiful. She could see the sunrise from the rooftop. Sadie turned Millie around, revealing two mattresses and a plate with breakfast.

-Because we're, you know, in the middle of an apocalypse, we've never been on a date, so I thought this could be a sort of date. Or not. I don't know. Is this dumb? Yeah proba-, rambled Sadie.

Millie interrupted her, her lips meeting Sadie's smiling into the kiss. She brought her hands up to Sadie's pink cheeks, caressing them softly. The redhead felt relieved. The younger girl pulled away, looking Sadie in the eyes.

-I love it. I see that you're an incurable romantic., smiled the brunette.

-I'm glad. Wanna eat breakfast now? I made Noah prepare it for us. For once, he didn't complain, he just did it., chuckled the older teenager.

-Alright., replied Millie still smiling.

For once, she felt loved. Felt seen and cared for. Like she mattered. Mattered to someone who also mattered to her. The girls sat down on the mattresses, Sadie putting an arm around Millie as the brunette took the breakfast plate and putting it on the mattress. Millie took some strawberries and started eating them, Sadie enjoying the view. Oh no, not the sunrise, no. She was staring at Millie eating the strawberries. She found her person. Her soulmate. Her everything and more. Millie meant so much to her. She couldn't imagine a world without her. Millie caught her girlfriend staring and took a strawberry and brought it up to Sadie's mouth.

-It's really cute, but I don't like strawberries., chuckled the redhead.

Millie looked at the plate, grabbing some dark chocolate and bringing back to Sadie's mouth.

-If you tell me that you don't like dark chocolate, I will kill you., joked the brunette.

Sadie shook her head smiling, as Millie gave her the chocolate. The younger girl laid back and looked at the beautiful sunrise. Sadie sighed and enjoyed the moment.

-Oh wait., said the redhead getting up leaving Millie confused.

Next to the door they entered was a guitar. Millie raised an eyebrow.

-You play?, asked Millie curiously.

-A bit., chucked Sadie sitting down next to Millie again.

The redhead took the guitar and started playing a bit, while Millie put her head on Sadie's leg enjoying the moment. The soft music, the sunrise, Sadie's scent and warmth. Everything was just perfect.  She wanted this moment to last forever. Sadie started humming to a song, making the younger girl smile.

<Fallin' all in you by Shawn Mendes>

-Sunrise with you on my chest, no blinds in the place where I live. Daybreak open your eyes, cause this was only ever meant to be for one night . Still, we're changing our minds here. Be yours, be my dear .So close with you on my lips, touch noses, feeling your breath. Push your heart and pull away, yeah. Be my summer in a winter day, love. I can't see one thing wrong, between the both of us. Be mine, be mine, yeah. Anytime, anytime. Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while, haven't I? I thought I knew it all. Found love but I was wrong, more times than enough, but since you came along, I'm thinking baby, you are bringing out a different kind of me. There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free. Falling all in. You fell for men who weren't how they appeared, yeah. Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free. Falling all in you. Fast forward a couple years, yeah. Grown up in the place that we live. Make love, then we fight, laugh 'cause it was only meant to be for one night baby. I guess we can't control, what's just not up to us. Be mine, be mine, yeah. Anytime, anytime. Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while, haven't I? I thought I knew it all. Found love but I was wrong, more times than enough, but since you came along, I'm thinking baby, you are bringing out a different kind of me. There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free falling all in. You fell for men who weren't how they appear. Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free. Falling all in you. Every time I see you baby I get lost! If I'm dreaming, baby, please don't wake me up. Every night I'm with you I fall more in love! Now I'm laying by your side,  everything feels right since you came along. I'm thinking baby, you, yeah, are bringing out a different kind of me. There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free falling all in. You fell for men who weren't how they appear. Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free falling all in., sang Sadie playing along with the guitar.

Millie had closed her eyes halfway through the song, listening to her girlfriend sing like an angel. Suddenly she opened her eyes, looking at her hot girlfriend, her look filled with lust.

-I think...I think I'm ready...for more. But please, if I ask you to stop and say no, don't get mad., admitted Millie.

-Anything you want, my queen., replied Sadie.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: i may have cheated by using the song to get to over 1000 words... BUT ENJOY (few changes, i meant sunrise and not sunset so if you found the word sunset, let me know and i'll change it to sunrise, thank you)