Chapter Three: I'd be forced to think you're a serial killer

Song: Almost There by Anika Noni Rose from the movie; The Princess and the Frog

Chapter Three: I'd be forced to think you're a serial killer

The restaurant still had so many customers, but I was left in peace. Seemed like people rather sit and talk than eat. Weird, right?

By 5:46pm, a familiar voice caused me to raise my head from the book I was reading. It was titled 'A Court Of Mist And Fury' by Sarah J. Maas. Funny how the tables turned and the perfect one for her ended up being Rhysand not Tamlin. How was it so easy for her to change our minds? Author of the year. At least, either she or Rick Riordan, but I prefer to watch the Percy Jackson movies.

I would have scowled at whoever it was if it wasn't her.

"Hey Avery!" Leyla waved at me. She was my second best tipper. Even when she didn't buy anything, she'd still tip and I loved her for that. Wren Scott being the first. He always showed up here from what I could tell during my shifts.

"Hi Leyla!" I beamed at her. She tried her best to smile, but knowing my friend it wasn't original. Would she wonder if I asked? We usually talk a lot, but would this be invasion of her privacy? After all this time I couldn't believe I was having difficulties. It's not my fault, Avery Adams is socially inept.

I went with my instincts, Ivy. Ivy Instincts. Instincts Ivy.

She's like the voice in my head. Ivy! You better not be leading me astray.

Since she was just standing in front of me looking around, I asked. "Is everything alright?"

She snapped her head back to me so fast it was almost inhuman. "Oh yeah. I'm just waiting for someone."

I was itching so bad to ask who because she looked like she was dressed for a date. Chic but casual. She wore a red, slim fitted shirt-dress and black ankle boots.

I did what any socially inept person would do; wiggled my eyebrows and cooed. "Oooooh! Someone has a date."

She blushed. Actually blushed. And tucked a strand of hair behind her hair. Her blonde hair was really pretty. Waist length and thick. Really pretty like her. The world's just not fair, Ivy!

"Not exactly."

"Then, what is it?"

"Nosy today, aren't you?" She teased.

"Not today. Everyday. Life's more fun that way. So, tell me." I urged subtly.

"I'm waiting for a guy I heard would be here." She glanced at her feet sheepishly. "I want to ask if he'd grab a bite with me."

She wanted to ask him out? A girl wanted to ask a guy out? Well, that's a first. I love that.

Bold! Only if she didn't look so shy about it.

Ivy was whispering at the back of my mind again.

"That's nice. It could work."

"Could?" She glanced up sharply as if afraid something bad would happen.

"Yeah. Could. Only if you're confident about it would it then be certified."

"What do you mean?"

"Your outfit literally screams bold. You should at least try and act according to your look."

"Ok." She stressed, nodding.

"Who?" I asked. She was about to answer when the bell rang indicating a customer's entrance. Urghh, more work to do!