Chapter Forty-five: Pardon my Portuguese

Song: All I Want by Olivia Rodrigo from the series; High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (HSMTMTS)

Chapter Forty-five: Pardon my Portuguese

When I got down, he had the ladder off him and resting on the wall. He was also resting his back on the wall, and when he saw me, he smiled. Oh my God! The audacity. I mean...

"Really? You pulled the whole damsel in distress thing?"

"I prefer lad in anguish."

I squinted my eyes in disbelief. "You're saying utter rubbish."

"I noticed half way through my thoughts."

"Whatever you're on tonight doesn't justify you making me come out here in this cold." I walked up to him and punched his chest. He used that hand to grab me and pull me into a hug.

I didn't hug back. "What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious Cherry? I'm giving you warmth and comfort."

"The only warmth and comfort, I'm satisfied with right now is my ass on my bed."

"So you don't want my bear hugs?"

"I didn't say that."

He nuzzled his face into my hair and then rested his cheek on it. "Then stop being so stubborn and give in."

I didn't waste time to wrap my hands around him and bury my head in his chest.

This felt so good.

"I'm still cold."

He just grumbled in my hair, probably telling me to stop talking and ruining the moment.

Although my legs were still cold I stayed to hug him and decided to not talk. I was actually enjoying the moment, but his stupid phone rang. Good thing I didn't bring mine down.

"Ignore it." I mumbled.

"It could be important." He mumbled back.

"So my legs being cold is unimportant?"

He released me although my hands were still firmly planted around his waist. "You're being such a drama queen."

"Am not." I whined.

He gave me a pointed look and I released him and crossed my arms. "Fine. Be like that."

He just chuckled and pulled his phone out of his back pocket. I looked over at his phone. 

Irmã.

Who's that?

"Who's Irma?"

He laughed a little. "That's not how it's pronounced Cherry."

I raised my brows. "I've known a lot of Irma's in my life. I think I got it."

"This is Irmã." He pronounced in a different accent. "It's Portuguese."

Portuguese?

Portuguese?

Portuguese? Who do we know that speaks Portuguese?

Serena Davis.

"What does Irma mean?"

"It's Irmã."

Pardon my Portuguese!

I glared at him. He could correct my pronunciation later.

"It means sister."