Chapter Thirty-nine: You could sell our souls for a chili dog

Song: What A Girl Is by Dove Cameron from the series; Liv and Maddie

Chapter Thirty-nine: You could sell our souls for a chili dog

"No."

It was finally lunch time and my friends and I decided to have ours at an eatery nearby. We did this a lot last year, but we haven't this year so I brought it up and they all eagerly agreed. 

Leyla missed first period because she said her alarm clock was broken and her room was in a complete mess. It didn't make sense to her because she said last night everything was just fine. She said her younger brother was still at that boarding school he was sent to. She said her parents wouldn't be back until later today and the only person who was in the house was Lilian, her maid. And Lilian denied stepping foot into her room except to wake her up when she overslept. I believed it couldn't possibly be Lilian when she knew she was going to clean it. I told Leyla it was probably one of her sleepwalking episodes, although she hadn't had one in a while.

Anyways, Zane was still nowhere to be found. And Axel was still keeping his distance, luckily. I was going to talk to him later, but I was too stressed to right now. I just wanted to eat with my friends. That was until they decided on Tate's.

"Why?"

"I don't want to go there. Why don't we go to that place Xander and I tried? They make some pretty good chili cheese dogs."

Xander's eyes lit up instantly.

Zahra rolled her eyes. "You could sell our souls for a chili dog."

"Uh..obviously."

"So... The restaurant I don't know the name yet is it?"

"Char come on... Tate's food is so good." Kai whined.

'I don't wanna go to Tate's.' I whined in my head.

"Let's vote." Leyla suggested.

"What- why?"

"Because it's fair that way. All who want to go to Tate's raise your hand." Zahra, Kai and Leyla raised their hands.

"All who want to go to-" I cut her off. "There's really no point."

Xander crossed his arms. "This is why Char is my favorite."

She tried to touch his shoulder, but he swatted her hand away. "Oh would you stop being a big baby."

"Just so you know, the three of you are paying. Char and I would not."

"Leyla pays all the time anyways." Kai commented.

"The day my pockets go dry, you all will see." She rolled her eyes.

"Ok fine, I'll pay today." Kai offered.

Then Xander grabbed my shoulders and started pushing me to the car as we both grumbled about chili cheese dogs. Even though I knew the reason I didn't want go was way bigger than that.

***********************

"So as you guys know Zahra and I are dating."

No one looked surprised, but I had to ask, "Why do you think we knew?"

"I kinda figured it out when Xander came to ask us to go on a double date with him. At first, I thought he was talking about with you, and my head kind of split." Zahra teased.

Xander and I laughed so hard. "Me? And Xander? Not happening."

"At all."

"Okay, okay. We get it guys. You can stop laughing now." Leyla commented.