Chapter Seventeen: Hypothetically speaking

Song: All Of My Life by Jorge Blanco, Ruggero Pasquarelli, Samuel Nascimento, Facundo Gambandé and Nicolas Garnier from the telenovela; Violetta

Chapter Seventeen: Hypothetically speaking

"All I want is an iced tea."

The week passed in a blur. And now it was Friday. Benny called me in for an extra shift because Rebecca called in sick.

It was a somewhat peaceful week.

No Dad.

No Anastasia or Skyler trouble except for their frequent attempts of hurting my feelings with their Charity remarks.

No Axel trouble. He barely even looks at me when he comes to 'canoodle' with Leyla at our lunch table.

Did you expect him to look at you while he's smooching with his girlfriend?

It's not that. It's just that....

You miss your constant banters.

No. Not that.

It's weird he doesn't come to see you, but Leyla.

Maybe that's it. But I don't care because this is what I wanted. For Leyla to be happy.

No Zane trouble. We frequently glance at each other when we pass in the hallway. Plus, he sits next to me in Spanish class, and he's in some of my other classes too. I once saw him talking to Leyla before lunch. I wanted to know what he told or asked her, but I didn't ask Leyla about it. He hasn't asked me to be his pawn again.

Are you sad about that?

Of course not. I didn't want to be in the first place.

Wren and I became closer though. We constantly talked.

And now being Avery, he was the one ordering.

"And you don't want anything else?"

"No."

"You came all this way to order an iced tea."

He shrugged.

"Why didn't you just sit down and wait for Corinne to come take your order?"

"I guess I just wanted to talk to you." He winked at me.

Is he flirting with you?

Of course not.

"That's nice." I smiled awkwardly at him. "I'll go get your iced tea. You can sit over there." I pointed to an empty table. "You came alone?"

"Yeah. I wanted to come with Zane. Remember him, my dumb friend who tried his dumb pick up lines on you."

I laughed a little. "Yeah. I remember him."

"Yeah. I wanted to come with him, but he was very persistent about not wanting to show up here. I just didn't get it."

He's avoiding me, isn't he?

Don't jump into conclusions.

"Maybe he doesn't like our food." I joked with Wren.

He shook his head. "That can't be it. After the last time we ate here, he was very eager to come again."

"Well, you can ask him later. I won't know."

"Yeah. You're right." He walked over to the table I pointed out.

I called Corinne over and told her his order.

She got it and gave it to him. After a while, he was walking back over to me.

He started. "I want to ask you something."