Chapter Four: Looks like the dog's out of the bag

Song: Underneath It All by Martina Stoessel from the telenovela; Violetta

Chapter Four: Looks like the dog's out of the bag

I've never been this panicked before in my entire life. The jig's up! He's gonna tell everyone. He'll blackmail me. Hell, he'd even sell the information online. My life is over!

Calm down.

Don't tell me to calm down, you're not the one being blackmailed.

I kinda am.

Urghhhh! I'm going crazy. I'm insane. I'm, I'm.......... I'm gonna be in so much trouble.

Should I say something? Or should I just keep looking at him with a stupefied expression?

Maybe, you should start with picking up the wig.

Oh, yeah right. I rushed to the wig and picked it up before turning back to him.

"Looks like the dog's out of the bag." I expected him to be smirking, but all I could tell from his expression was a hint of amusement.

"Dog?"

He nodded. "I'm sick of cat expressions. I love dogs."

I love dogs too, but cat expressions make more sense.

I didn't reply so he just continued, "So what do you have to say for yourself Cherry?"

"It's Avery." I hissed.

"Is it?"

I just stared, dumbfounded.

"So are you actually Charvi or Avery?"

Is he stupid?

"I would've thought the wig or glasses would have made it quite obvious."

He ignored that. "How did I not notice this before?"

"You and everybody else."

"I'm the only one who knows?"

"Do I really have to answer that?"

"You're right. I should just switch the punctuation."

"Well duh."

"For someone who was just caught red-handed, you sure seem calm and collected."

Okay, good. That means he can't see that I'm panicking the hell out.

"Can I just ask one thing?"

"Ask away. It's not like you needed my permission before."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why hide under a disguise?"

"I don't have to tell you."

"You don't have to but you will."

I scoffed. "Was that a threat?"

"See it however you like."

Should I tell him?

I don't see what you have to lose.

I removed the glasses and stuffed it and the wig in my bag. I sat down on the floor and rested my back on the wall.

"You don't have to sit down. Wouldn't want you to get your jeans dirty, am I right?"

Not trying to be rude. Wouldn't actually want him to get his jeans dirty, they probably cost times three of my whole outfit. He chose to ignore my words seeing as he walked up to me and sat a respectable distance away.