Chapter Thirty-five: I used to be infatuated with belly dancers

Song: Scared To Be Lonely by Dua Lipa and Martin Garrix

Chapter Thirty-five: I used to be infatuated with belly dancers

"My first kiss was a duck." 

I was lying on my bed on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Zane showed up unexpectedly just to spend time with me. I would have called him out for it, but I could see the puffy eyes, and could already tell he hadn't had enough sleep. I wanted to know why so bad, and I also wanted to ask what he didn't get to say yesterday, but he was smiling and had said, "How about that thought for a thought?" So I just smiled back and played along.

It was Anastasia who had opened the door for him, and she thought he was here to see her. She smiled so hard I thought her face would fall apart. I was watching with amusement from the stairs as Zane practically pried her off him and walked around her. 

He had said, "This..." He gestured between them. "Can't keep happening."

She rolled her eyes. "I didn't know you made jokes, silly. You're the one who came to see me."

As if on instinct, Zane turned to me. Anastasia trailed his eyes. "You came to see her?"

"Yes." He left her standing there and followed me to my room.

Now back to present, "My first kiss was a duck." My thought for a thought.

He was lying at a good distance beside me. The bed wasn't too big, so we were closer than arm's length. Our heads were at the foot of the bed, our legs resting against the headboard.

He turned his head to mine. "Really?"

"It was more like it attacked me and started biting my mouth of once I got too close."

He laughed.

"Stop it. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone and yet I told you so I don't expect you to be laughing." 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He muttered between laughs.

"You're still laughing."

"I'll stop. I'll stop."

"Good. Now your turn."

"I used to be infatuated with belly dancers."

What?

I choked and sat up. "Did I hear you right?"

"If you heard 'I used to be infatuated with belly dancers', then you heard right." He continued lying down like what he said made sense.

"Wha- Why? How? When? Huh."

He smiled. "So many questions."

I rolled my eyes and lay back down. "Answer one of them, at least."

"Fine. If I answer the when I think all questions would be answered. It was when I was in middle school. Just part of a bunch of horny bastards."

I cleared my throat.

He didn't even need to turn to me before he said, "Just part of a bunch of aroused rascals."

I raised a brow. "Rascal?"

He shrugged. "You're the one who wanted me to rephrase." He paused. "I just don't get that no cussing and profanities thing. I mean, you say asshole."

"Part of a body."

"You also say dick."

"Also a part of the body."

"What about bitch?"