Chapter Eight: The letter N is his fetish

Song: Beautiful by Bazzi featuring Camila Cabello

Chapter Eight: The letter N is his fetish

"Wow!"

"Wow indeed."

Even though the proper decorations haven't been set yet, the tables were there and the place still looked splendid. Let's just say this is the finest banquet hall I've ever been to.

This is the only banquet hall you've been to.

That's not true. I went to that one, you know, six months ago.

That was only because Tate's was part of the catering services and you were a server. You didn't even stay long.

Pfft. That still counts.

"So how's it?"

"It's beautiful, Leyla. Don't even bother asking."

"Let's wait for Ellie."

"No need to wait. I'm already here." A shrill voice called out. We turned to the door on the other end of the room. A woman dressing in an elegant pantsuit walked in with a younger woman speed walking to catch up with the older woman's long and smooth strides.

When she got to us, she did a graceful bow. "Elizabeth the only."

"I did hear you were quite the joker." Leyla commented.

She rose up and gave us a stern face. "Joker? Who told you that? I'm a very serious person."

"Of course you are. Don't mind me."

"Oh, where are my manners? This is my assistant. Amara."

The younger one who was dressed in simple jeans and a shirt just rolled her eyes.

"I'm not her assistant. I'm her younger sister. I'm also a designer. That's why she brought me along. In case you haven't gotten anyone to do your dresses yet." She grinned.

"Perfect. Because we don't." Leyla smiled. "I'm Leyla and these are my friends, Charvi and Zahra." We both smiled and waved.

"They're here to assist us."

"Perfect. We need all the hands we can get."

After that, it was a series of running around, lifting stuff and constant breaks. Different people came with a DJ set, some speakers, table clothes, extra furniture, beautiful curtains, a makeshift stage to put at the centre apart from the one already at the front, and many more.

We talked to Ellie about our preferred colours, food, drinks and a lot more. We found out that the door Ellie and Amara came in from led to a little garden with a beautiful fountain. She spoke to some gardeners to tend to it.

It is definitely going to be a night to remember.

**********************

"Hi mum. Hi Rev."

"-eka!" She said it so fast, it sounded like the same word.

They were in the kitchen. Mum looked to be tidying up and Reveka was carrying food to the table. It was about 8 pm when I got back. We had a long day of planning and organising with Ellie and Amara. I should get back to Axel about the tutoring, but not right now.

"When will you accept your lovely nickname?"

"When will you accept it's not a lovely nickname?"

"Touché." I nodded as I kicked off my shoes and sat down at the table.

"I actually prefer the nickname Veka to Rev." Mum offered.

"I hate both. They make no sense."

"But your name is too long. I want a shorter version."