Chapter Fifty-one: An anaconda

Song: Happier by Ed Sheeran

Chapter Fifty-one: An anaconda

I creased my brows as I shut my door behind me. She scrutinized my room before going to sit at the edge of my bed. "Why do you sound like you're about to make a business deal?"

"Because I am."

"If you want to pay me money to do your laundry, no thank you."

Her lips curled inwards. "No. I'm not. I'm here to make a proposition."

She reached into her bag and brought out her phone. She did something on it then handed it to me. It was a video. It was just showing a dark door. I looked up at her in question. "Play it."

And I did. The door was all I could see, then I started hearing voices. Familiar voices.

"What about Wren?"

"Well, right now he's mad drunk and he never drinks."

"Well, maybe someone spiked his drink."

"No. No one spiked his drink. I think he drank willingly."

"Why?"

"Because of you."

"Me? What did I do?"

"More like Avery. He kept rambling on and on about the loss of the love of his life. Cherry, you have to put an end to this. You have to tell him the truth."

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't, Cherry? You're playing with his feelings. He's in love with a girl that doesn't exist!" 

"Why are you so angry?"

"Because I am watching mybest friend wallow in sadness over a girl I'm dating and I am not doinganything to stop it. I can't tell him you're Avery because I love you and I respect your decisions, Cherry, but you have to tell him."

"He'll hate me. He's going to hate me for playing with his feelings when I didn't even mean to."

I paused it and looked up at her. "What is this?"

I don't understand why I watched it for that long, but I did and now I want answers.

Her eyebrows creased. "Why, it's you and Zane's conversation of course." She tapped her chin. "Well, I do not know who this Avery girl is, but I'm not stupid. So I know that she is you and Wren is in love with her, so Wren is in love with you and he does not know."

I gripped the phone tighter in anger. "Why did you take this?"

She touched her chest. "Because Wren is my friend and I can't just imagine the pain he's feeling, I mean look at how he was yesterday. I can't leave him like that. I must tell him and I have the proof to do it."

I gritted my teeth. "Stay out of it. I'm going to tell him myself."

She stood up and walked closer to me. "You are, are you? So what's taking you so long?"

"It is none of your business." I raised up the phone and deleted the video quickly.

She laughed. "Do you really think that's the only phone I have? I am becoming famous, I can-"

I rolled my eyes. "Would you shut up? I don't remember asking for your autobiography." 

Her smile faltered a little. Only a little.

"I just want you to stay out of this. What would you gain from this?"

That's when her smile became more settled. "Simple. I make the videos go away, and you break up with Zane. You don't break up with Zane, then this video is sent directly to Wren's phone."