Chapter Sixteen: They won't stop canoodling

A picture of Charvi's dress is above.

If you don't like it, you can imagine it how you want. This is just my opinion.

****************************

Song: Slow Dance by AJ Mitchell featuring Ava Max

Chapter Sixteen: They won't stop canoodling

"Okay." He nodded when I showed him the tuxedo. He wasn't bothered at all it cost about $2500. I think. He didn't see it before we paid for it, so I showed him in the car.

What if he didn't like it? He would have just paid for it just like that?

I know right.

"Excellent choice. Issey Miyake tuxedos are the most expensive, I mean best there is. It is a high quality satin notch lapels tuxedo with vest." Raphael had ranted. And all he said was okay.

"Okay?"

"Yeah, it's okay."

I nodded in disbelief. "Okay. It's okay."

"What?"

"Nothing. Everything is okay."

"Okay."

"Okay. You can start driving now."

At that moment my phone rang.

Kai? Why's he calling me?

Maybe it has to do with the fact he didn't see you after school and he's the one that drives you.

Yeah right.

"Who's that?"

"It's one of my friends."

"Is it Axel?"

"He's not my friend."

"He's not?"

"Yeah. We have like an 'I can't stand you' but 'I don't hate you' sort of relationship."

"Yeah sure."

"Yeah and sure mean the same thing."

"Yeah sure."

I rolled my eyes before picking the call.

"Where are you?"

"Is that like what people used to start conversation these days cos you're not the first to say this to me?"

"Maybe it's cos you're always disappearing. What's going on Charvi?"

"You wanna know?"

"Yes."

"You really wanna know?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure? Cos I'm gonna tell you. And once you hear it, you can't unhear it. It'll be stuck in you cerebrum forever and ever and ever and......"

He cut me off. "Charvi!"

"Hmm?"

"Get to the point!"

"What point?"

"You're doing that thing again when you pretend to not know what I'm talking about."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm in your house. And so is Leyla and Zahra. And so is Axel."

"Did I forget I'm throwing a party?"

He teased. "Yes you did. It's my Quinceañera. And I'm supposed to host it in your house."

"Oh yeah! How could I forget? Happy Quinceañera to you, the boy that is a girl turning 15 after he turned 18 about 3 weeks ago!"