Chapter Fifty-six: Someone's PMSing

Poetry: Jenny's Letter to Nate; Scene from 'Someone Great'

Chapter Fifty-six: Someone's PMSing

I was crying worse than I was before.

They were together for nine years. Nine freaking years! That is not a small time at all.

I decided to watch a Netflix movie, and it seemed the universe was frowning down on me for putting 'Someone Great' in my recommended.

You should have probably read the information first.

That doesn't matter now. I grabbed the remaining tissue that was still on my bed and blew my nose, hard. I'm so full of snot today. Maybe Jay could add it to his collection.

I rewinded the poem scene so I could watch it again. I couldn't help myself. It was just so sad and beautiful. Before it could get any sadder, my room door burst open.

"Sweetie nooo."

I turned at the sound of Zahra's voice. She walked in and plopped down on the chair. Coming in after her was Xander and Leyla.

Xander snatched the remote from my hand. "Why are you watching this?" He changed the channel. His eyes shot to my table. "And drinking that?"

I turned to my half empty cup of green tea. "You can have it if you want it."

"No thanks."

Leyla shrugged. "I'll drink it."

Zahra scrunched her face up. "But it's clearly cold."

"Also very healthy." She said as she grabbed the cup. "There's no need to waste."

"You could buy a lot of it, and it'll still not make a dent in your credit card." Zahra replied.

"So?"

My room door swung open again. What is this? A party? Can't they see I'm having the time of my life crying and watching sad movies, swimming in my tissues of mucus?

Yuck.

Rev walked in clutching her phone in her hands. "You've gotta see this."

"How did you get home?" Xander asked.

"Since you had practice, and I needed to attend my ballet classes, Sammy's driver took me."

Xander just nodded. Kai walked in a few seconds later.

"While I was parking the car, I saw some dude lurking around the entrance. He looks familiar, but I can't place a name to his face."

"It's probably a hobo. Ignore." Zahra commented.

"In fancy clothes?"

"Leyla, are you really going to drink that?" Xander repeated.

Leyla took a sip, and rubbed her belly, "Mmm... Delicious."

"I said you guys have got to see this." Rev repeated louder.

Okay, this is too much noise.

"Can we all just be silent?!!" I said, a little too loudly. "Please." I pleaded.

They all turned to me. "Please. I can't handle this noise. Xander, if you want to talk to Leyla about cold drinks, do it in the kitchen. Rev, go show whatever you want to Aaron. Kai and Zahra, let's just ignore whoever is loitering. Whether rich or poor, the person would eventually leave. So please. Just please. Let me be depressed in peace."

I let out a breath after that.

Zahra scoffed. "Jeez! Someone's PMSing." 

"Whether I am or am not, let me do this in peace."