Chapter Fifty-three: All over again

Song: Just For A Moment by Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo from the series; High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (HSMTMTS)

Chapter Fifty-three: All over again

"Cherry wait!"

I heard him call out to me, but I didn't wait. I continued heading for the door. I heard footsteps then he grabbed my hand and spun me around to face him.

I yanked my hand away from his. The image of him was blurry through all my tears. My heart wasn't broken. It was shattered, and I could feel the pieces vanishing bit by bit.

"Let me explain."

"I don't want to hear what you have to say you cheater! Just one fight and you're already crawling into bed with your so-called sister!" I yelled at him as I turned around to walk into the car.

The cold breeze hit me like knives. He ran to stop in front of me. "You don't understand."

"I understand it perfectly you jackass. I want you to stay away from me!" Everything I was saying now was literally me shouting.

"Just listen please." He raised his hand to touch my face.

"Don't you dare touch me!" I continued walking.

"I love you. Just listen. Dammit!"

"Is this love? Is it? We had a fight that was basically your fault and I was foolish enough to come and apologize to you and here you are, with the person you know I hate the most in this world."

Just then I looked back to see Serena running out of the elevator.

I eyed her before turning back to him. "You two can have each other." 

I turned forward and started walking away.

"Cherry woul-"

I lost it. I turned back and yelled. "Do not call me Cherry! I am not your Cherry! I am not your anything!"

I could see tears in his eyes, but he could shove his theatrics up his ass. Skyler and Serena were right.

"He's already sleeping with the next pretty thing, he seems to have a knack for that."

"It'sa habit for him to move on from girls pretty quickly."

"Old habits die hard."

Their words kept repeating in my head as tears ran down my face.

"I am begging you. You have to listen. You can't leave me."

"My dad was a stinking cheater, but at least he could admit to it. You? I caught you Zane! I freaking caught you! And you have the nerve to want to defend yourself? God knows what you have to say for yourself. And you know the events that led to this aren't exactly in your favor. How do you expect me to believe you when you didn't believe me? You couldn't even look me in the eye and say you believed me. Why would I lie Zane? Why? Instead you believed her." My eyes glanced towards Serena who was standing a good feet away. "You believed her. She is breaking our relationship. And your way of solving it, is getting in bed with her? Call me once you've found out if your methods are effective."

Serena started. "He-"

I cut her off. "Just shut up! I think you've done enough. You had every chance to defend him when we were talking upstairs, but you didn't. Don't do it now because he's here."

I reached into my back pocket for his car keys and threw it at him. It landed smack on his chest. "I don't want to hear from you. I don't want to see you. I want you to leave me alone. According to me, you don't exist. And this time I mean it. It's better that way." I said this more calmly, the tears flowing down now.