Chapter Twenty-eight: Regina George never screamed this much

Song: Chasing Fire by Lauv

Chapter Twenty-eight: Regina George never screamed this much

Oh boy!

"Zaneeeeee!"

Was it bad we continued walking? He even looked undisturbed.

"Zaneeeeee!"

Okay, if she keeps screaming like this, my eardrums would burst out my ears. I stopped, but didn't turn. Zane continued walking, whistling even, but when he noticed I was no longer walking beside him, he turned to me with a questioning look.

I raised my brows, hoping he'd understand I was trying to say my ears are sensitive. He still didn't understand so I just told him. 

He groaned. "The car is right there."

"I thought you liked her. You guys never seemed to stop showing your affections in public. Wasn't she your," I paused looking for the right word. "Sex buddy?"

If that was true, wouldn't that mean he cheats on his girlfriend?

Zane doesn't seem like that kind of person. Something's not sitting right here. I'd have to ask him.

Before he could reply, Skyler rushed past me with her clackity clack heels and went to hug his waist. That disturbs me. I didn't expect that I would be disturbed, and now I wish I didn't stop.

Aren't you wondering why it disturbs you?

I don't want to come up with an answer. 

"Zane! I missed you. I haven't been with you for days. You've been," Her eyes raked over me with a scowl before she turned back to him with what I guessed was a seducing smile. "Busy."

I rolled my eyes. But what disturbed me was that even though he looked uncomfortable, and was nudging at her arms, he didn't tell her to 'Piss off!'. Okay, maybe that would have been rude, but I would have been satisfied.

"Yes. I've been busy." At least he didn't say he missed her.

How was he even breathing? With the way she was clinging to him, I won't be surprised if he just dropped dead.

Her eyes flickered to me. "You're still here. Why?" She asked, disdain dripping from her voice.

I glanced at Zane, waiting for him to say I'm with him. Waiting for him to accept me. But he just looked everywhere but my face. Was he embarrassed to be seen with me?

No, if he was, he wouldn't have done all those things. I mean right now, he's carrying your bag.

It just hurt that he wouldn't stand up for me.

You can stand up for yourself.

I know I can. I just-

I shut off my inner thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hello?" I was hearing Skyler repeat in the background, but my eyes were placed on the green-eyed curly-haired brunette with a hand on my shoulder. 

It was then I realized than throughout my thoughts, my eyes were trained on him. I must have looked like a fool. 

I removed his hand from my shoulder, ignoring his gaze, and turned to Skyler.

She was scowling at me so deeply, she looked....less perfect. At least she wasn't holding tight to Zane anymore.

That doesn't matter because he has a girlfriend.

True.

"Is there a problem? Why the hell are you looking at me like that?"