Chapter Sixty-one: My sweet fruit

Song: I Need To Let You Know by Martina Stoessel and Jorge Blanco from the telenovela; Violetta

Chapter Sixty-one: My sweet fruit

"You went to school today?"

I got down from my car to meet Jayden standing in front of my house.

"You should have at least given me a heads up that I shouldn't come to your house this morning."

"I'm sorry." I sent him a smile. 

"So what changed?"

I grabbed my bag and closed the car door. "Shouldn't you know? Since your brother keeps tabs on me and all."

He put a hand on his upper arm. "We're not in the best place right now."

"What do you mean?"

"I love my brother, but I want to help him, and he doesn't want that help and we got into a fight over it. He doesn't want me to come see you, but looking at you so sad all those days, I had to see you, and he's not happy about that. He said now you prefer me to him."

"I never liked him in the first place. Maybe if he tried a different approach, you know, not trying to kidnap me, I would have at least been his friend. Oh wait, no, because he's psycho."

"That's my brother you're talking about."

I raised my hands in surrender. "Your words, not mine."

I walked up to him and gave him a hug. He patted my head. I laughed. "You still feel uncomfortable about me hugging you?"

He didn't get to reply.

"I know I do."

I turned around to see Zane standing beside his car. I released Jay. "Oh, Zane, I didn't see you there."

"Yeah, you seemed pretty busy." His eyes shot to Jay. He charged towards him, and I jumped in his front. "Zane, calm down! This is Jay. He's my friend."

Zane's eyes shot to mine. "You're friends with the brother of your stalker."

"Well, if you put it like that, it sounds bad."

"It is bad. How can you trust him?"

"He was there for me Zane. He's not like his brother."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I just-" I paused to think about it, but didn't come up with a reasonable answer so I went with, "I just am."

"That makes all the sense in the world. I can't believe you're this naive."

"Don't talk to her that way man."

Zane's angry eyes shot to Jayden. "Why are you speaking?"

He moved forward. I put a hand on his chest and pushed him back. "Zane, would just calm down? If you're this angry, you'd spoil our day."

He looked down at me. "Fine, but make him leave. I don't like him at all."

"Fine."

I turned to Jay and pushed him back to talk to him. He looked down at me. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause problems between you and your boyfriend."

"It's okay. He's a little jealous."

"A little? He looks like he wants to rip my head off." He joked.

"I'll talk to him. I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah bye."

After a last glance at Zane, he turned and walked to his car. I watched him go before turning around to meet Zane. He was glaring at Jayden's moving car. Then he turned to me. "I don't like him."