Chapter Twenty-two: You gave me the heebie-jeebies

Song: Run The World by Heather Morris featuring Naya Rivera from the series; Glee

Chapter Twenty-two: You gave me the heebie-jeebies

"Did your shift just end?"

It was a little after 5pm, and my shift was finally over. After Jaxon left it had been pretty peaceful. I just don't understand why he wouldn't just leave me alone. There are a lot of pretty girls out there that would date him in a heartbeat. He couldn't be obsessed, could he? I mean what was there to be obsessed about? I'm average.

"Yeah. I'm going now."

"Bye Avery." Corinne waved at me.

"Bye." I waved back and walked towards my locker.

I planned to call Leyla when I was done with work. I know it seems late, but I slept early and woke up late. God knows why I'm still tired.

I ended up sending her a message asking if she wanted to meet up. I dropped the apron, grabbed my bag and headed out the back door.

It's more like a side door.

Well, we call it back door for workers only. I'm used to it. Let me be.

Once I opened it and turned to my right, I heard a jingling sound behind me. I turned around slowly and cautious, only to be surprised by a doofus resting on the wall, twirling keys in his fingers. I touched my chest and let out a breath.

I punched his shoulder. "Geez! You gave me the heebie-jeebies."

He chuckled and pocketed the keys he was twirling in his finger. "You could have just said you were scared."

"We can correct my English another time. Right now, what the hell are you doing here?"

He smirked. "Isn't it obvious? I came to pick you up."

I blinked in confusion. "Why?"

"I told you I would see you tomorrow, didn't I?"

"Yeah, but I just thought you didn't want to admit you didn't know what you were saying." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Haha! Very funny."

I laughed a little at that. "Where are we going?"

"You'll just have to wait and find out."

"You don't know where, do you?"

"Of course I do." He stuck out his bottom lip and touched his heart. "I'm upset you think so lowly of me."

"I can't help it. It comes naturally."

"Well, stop it." He warned. "I came from a different direction, so the car is out back, I'll meet you in front."

"Okay." I nodded to him. He started heading towards the back and then disappeared around a corner. I began heading to the front, when I heard a ding sound from my phone. Leyla had texted back.

Leyla: How about now?

I rested my back on the wall beside the door.

Me: I'm kind of busy. When else are you free?

I waited a while, but it didn't take long for her to answer.

Leyla: How about tomorrow at school?

Me: Can't it be before tomorrow? I wanted us to hangout.

Leyla: Maybe later on today. When you're done with whatever you're doing, call me.