Chapter Fifty-eight: The way you're staring at me is giving me the collywobbles

Song: Drowning by Ross Lynch and Olivia Holt from the movie; Status Update

Chapter Fifty-eight: The way you're staring at me is giving me the collywobbles

There was a knock on my door.

Don't come in. It's our crying time.

"Who's there?"

The person didn't answer, they just entered the room. I turned around on the bed.

Serena.

"Who let you in?"

"Your step sister." She held a hand up. "And before you kick me out, let me speak."

I turned back around. "I think you've done enough talking."

"I am sorry about that, but would you just let me-?"

I cut her off. "Your presence here is tainting my happiness."

"You're in tears." She pointed out.

"And how do you know they are tears of sadness? They could be happy tears."

"I'm not too sure about that."

Without turning around, I continued talking. "Are CeCe and her cameraman hiding somewhere?"

"No."

"After what happened this morning, I'm not sure I can trust you."

"But I-"

I turned around and sat up on my bed, my legs touching the ground. I exclaimed at her. "Don't you get it? You're the main reason I feel miserable and empty. You eavesdropped on a private conversation. Not accidentally, and you also videoed it. You blackmailed me. You exposed sensitive information. You slept with my boyfriend!" My voice became lower as I wrung my fingers together. "And the worst part is that, the same way it takes two to tango is the same way it takes two to cheat."

Memories of that night came flooding in and I tried to fight the tears that were already dropping. My heart squeezed in sadness. Squeezed so much, that it felt like it had shattered.

"Please just leave. Seeing you is not helping me. If you've come to brag about finally having Zane, don't bother. I am happy for the two of you."

"No you're not. And no, we aren't together. I came to tell you the truth."

I kept my mouth shut. 

"I didn't sleep with Zane."

"I'm sorry if I interrupted." I bit out.

She raised up a hand. "No. That's not what I meant. Would you just let me finish?"

"You can't blame me. You made a dramatic pause. You welcomed my input."

She let out a sigh. "What I was saying was that he didn't come to sleep with me. I just wanted to make you think that."

"Why were you there in the first place?"

"I wasn't in the best relationship with my parents at that time so I stayed over at his place."

I glared at her. "Isn't it thrilling to find out that your boyfriend is sleeping in the same place as a girl who is crazy in love with him?"

She groaned. "Why do you twist my words? Você não sabe que é frustrante?"

I rolled my eyes. "Would you stop with the Portuguese already? I understand you speak it, but I don't understand what you're saying. In fact, that isn't so bad. I don't think I want to hear you talk anymore."