Chapter Sixty-six: Girl wearing red wig and glasses say what?

Song: La Da Dee by Cody Simpson

Chapter Sixty-six: Girl wearing red wig and glasses say what?

"Why did he buy us a house?" Shane asked as I led him to Rev's room.

"Because he can't be living in this almost castle and we'd be living in our old one that looks like it's falling apart. It just seems fair. It's his job to do that anyway."

"He seemed to forget."

"Yeah, but he's back and ready to make amends. Why not enjoy it?"

Shane was quiet for a while. "The only good thing about it is that is that we don't have to live next to the Browns anymore."

"You know, you can stop hating Axel now. He's no longer a jerk."

"I know a lie when I hear one."

I stopped at Rev's door and turned to him. "He's not a jerk as much anymore." I rephrased.

"He and his friends used to bully you after he told you he didn't want to be your friend anymore because he was trying to act cool. You guys have been friends for 13 years and he did all that. If that's not a big enough sign for you, God knows what is."

"You just need to understand that people don't stay the same forever. Some change."

"And some don't."

"Well I know Dad has changed."

"We're talking about Axel."

Rev's door swung open. She had that green stuff, Zane put on his hair on her face accompanied by an annoyed expression. "Is the best place to talk really at my door?"

"Yes." Shane answered.

"Mark Chang or Princess Mandie?"

You've been watching too much Fairly Odd Parents.

No, I haven't. Aaron has.

"I'm going with Fiona."

I nodded. "Smart choice."

We both laughed.

Shane stared at the both of us weirdly. "Was that an inside joke?"

"No." We both replied.

He still seemed confused so I saved him the trouble by dragging him out of the room with Rev's hand in my other one.

"Where are we going?" Rev asked.

"To comfort Shay."

Rev was quiet for a while. As if processing what I just said. "She just saw dad, didn't she?"

Shane and I both nodded.

We stopped at her door and I knocked. "Shay? Can we come in?"

There was no reply on the other side. Shane just opened the door and walked in. I just shrugged and walked in after him. There she was, on the floor with her back on her bed, tears dripping from her eyes as she stared at a picture. Shane just stood there staring at her, but I went ahead and sat beside her. It was a picture of the six of us from the first day of that holiday when they were dropping Rev and I at the camp.

"How could something that was this right be so wrong?" She asked as she turned to me.

Was that a rhetorical question?

I don't think so.

"Life is like a roller coaster. It doesn't wait for its passengers before it moves. You can either buckle your seat belt and get ready for the ride or plant your feet firmly on the ground and miss up on an awesome adventure."