Chapter Sixty-eight: You want me to massage your feet?

Song: Colour by MNEK featuring Hailee Steinfeld

Chapter Sixty-eight: You want me to massage your feet?

Ding Dong!

I groaned. "Can someone get that?!"

Zane rolled his eyes at me. "Don't be lazy."

It was Wednesday and Grace went grocery shopping so, except her, everyone was at home. Zane and I were in the kitchen and he was cooking. Or at least trying to. Living the life of a pampered rich boy, cooking was probably not on his agenda, but he was adamant on making food for me so I was giving him pointers. Although I was sitting a good distance away and I didn't know what he was making, so the pointers were more like warnings not to burn himself or the whole house.

"Then you get it."

"But I'm cooking and it's your house."

"Actually...."

"Cherry just get the door. It's really not that far."

"Urghh. Fine."

I pushed myself off the stool and headed for the front door.

Do I hate work?

Yes.

Do I hate people?

Depends.

It's weird that I was a waitress then.

I opened the door and was an engulfed in a hug before I knew who it was, but with the doctor behind, I could guess. I forgot that she was going to be back today. I squeezed her as much as she was squeezing me.

"Hey mum!"

"Hi sweetie! I've missed you." She kept me at arms' length and examined my face. "Are you okay?"

"Yes mum. I'm fine. It's not like anything-"

"Is someone at the door?" I looked back to see Mrs. Brooks descending the staircase like it was some fashion parade.

It's now she comes.

I know right.

"Yes. Someone is at the door. My mum's here to take us home."

I can swear she looked relieved.

Well, we gotta do something about that.

I sent her my charming smile. "But that won't be until later today. We haven't packed and my boyfriend is cooking me a delicious meal. I can't leave until I've tried it."

"Oh."

"Yes. Oh."

I turned back to Mum who was hidden from Mrs. Brooks view.

"I also have to talk to your father before I go."

"He's in the office, but first come in. Make yourself at home." I dragged her in and reached behind her to drag Dr. Wallace in.

"How are you Charvi?"

"Splendid. How was your trip?"

He gave me a sideways glance with a smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Splendid."

I smiled and turned to Mum who was in a supposed stare-off with Mrs. Brooks. "Was this the first place you came from the airport?"

She nodded.

I turned back to Dr. Wallace. "Then you must be tired. Let me show you to one of the guest rooms. You can have a hot shower and then come back down to try my boyfriend's mystery meal."