Chapter Eleven: May I offer you some tea and biscuits?

Song: Santa Brought Me You by Laura Marano and Gregg Sulkin from the movie; A Cinderella Story: A Christmas Wish

Chapter Eleven: May I offer you some tea and biscuits?

"I....."

Zane, as promised, took me home. I didn't need to give directions because he already dropped me here before. The reason he wanted me at his house? I had no idea.

Wren told us he'd meet us at Zane's place after he stopped at his own. Now I understood why Zane always said place instead of house. This isn't a house. It's a mansion. Scratch that. It's a freaking palace. Whichever is bigger. It had large gates and a fountain in the middle of the circular driveway. And don't let me get started on the outline of the house.

"You what?" Zane turned back to me. He was already heading up the staircase that led to the front doors.

"No comment."

"Then stop standing. Or should I carry you up the stairs?"

"My feet work just fine thank you."

"Then more walking and less talking"

"You don't have to be so rude." I commented as I began walking up the steps.

He rang the doorbell once and waited. It didn't take long before a short, stout man opened it.

He bowed so deeply his nose could literally touch his shoes.

Stop exaggerating.

I wasn't.

Really?

Ok maybe a little.

"Good afternoon Mr. Rivers. Miss." He greeted us as we walked in.

"Good afternoon Stewart." Zane nodded his head.

"Your mother and father left for a business trip this morning sir."

"And when will they be back?"

"They didn't say sir. Will you be staying here or at your house? I want to know if I should to tell Rosita to prepare dinner."

His house? He has another one?

"I'll be here until mother and father return. Also, tell Rosita to prepare something for me and my lady. We'll be in my room."

"Your lady?"

"Of course sir." And he just rushed away.

"Okay, now where were we?"

"Where did your sophisticated accent and words go to, my dear sir? May I offer you some tea and biscuits?" I lowered my head and curtsied as best as I could.

You were wobbly.

Like I said, as best as I could.

He pushed my shoulder as I burst out laughing.

"Laugh all you want. You don't know how hard it is to keep that up."

"Then why bother?"

"Because my mum and dad expect me to."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Let's go to my room." We began ascending the grand staircase at the centre of the large foyer.

"I have a question."

"Ask away."

"What did your uh.." I struggled to find words.

"Butler." He offered.

"Yeah. What did he say about another house? You have a house? Isn't this it?"