Chapter Sixty: Did you say an ostrich is on fire?

Song: Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara

Chapter Sixty: Did you say an ostrich is on fire?

I didn't even notice when the Ferris Wheel came down again because I was too busy being engulfed by Zane. When we got down, I was pulled into a hug by Xander who asked, "Are you normal again?"

I creased my brows. "I didn't know I was an alien before."

"Well you were. To us at least." 

"Did you plan this?"

"Well, after what Serena said yesterday. I decided to go meet Zane and talk to him about it. I couldn't tell you so I thought it'd be better if he told you himself."

I pulled him into another hug. "I love you."

He patted my back, "I know."

After we all decided it was time to call it a night, the rest went their separate ways and Zane took me home. 

When Reveka saw him with me, she squealed and went to hug him. "Bruny!" He chuckled.

When she released him, she yanked him down by his ear and growled into it. "If you ever hurt my sister again, a certain part of your anatomy would be plucked out and stapled to your forehead so when everyone sees you, you'd be the perfect example of a dickhead. Clear?"

He shuddered, "Crystal."

She let him go and started walking down the stairs. I just chuckled as his horrified face watch her go. And then he turned to me, "She scares me." I laughed at him as I opened the door to my room.

He walked into my room, kicked his shoes off and jumped on my bed. "It feels so good to be back."

I smiled at him as I walked to my closet. "It feels so good to have you back."

I brought out one of his shirts and  pajamas shorts. "You're staying with me tonight." I threw his clothes to him.

He looked at me with an amused smile. "You didn't burn it?"

I snorted. "If I got hold of a lighter at that moment, your clothes wouldn't be the only thing I'd burn."

He chuckled. "I wouldn't want you charged with arson."

"Or murder." I added.

"You wouldn't."

I smiled mischievously. "You have no idea what I'm capable of."

He smirked, "Well, I am looking forward to finding out."

He pat the space beside him on the bed and I jumped onto it, beside him, and snuggled up against him.

"I wish my ceiling was a planetarium. That way I could see the stars every time I look up."

"And then?"

I turned to him with a smile on my face. "And then I'd make a wish."

He stared at me intently. "What would you wish for?"

"I'd wish for this- this happiness you give me to be here forever."

He kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes at the touch. "You took the words right out of my mouth. I love you Cherry."

"I love you too." 

*****************

We had spent the rest of the day, just lying and talking, before we finally decided to go to bed. Now it was the next day, and we were still on the bed talking about stuff when Wren popped into my head.