Chapter Nine: We need to start a 'Stop with the silly' campaign

Song: Do What You Gotta Do by Cheyenne Jackson and Dove Cameron from the movie; Descendants 3

Chapter Nine: We need to start a 'Stop with the silly' campaign

"Nicholas." I nodded at him and backed out of the room.

Stupid mouth! You just called your dad by his first name.

No, not stupid mouth. He can't come back here with his new family and make me feel this.....things!

You mean emotions.

I don't care. He can't come back here with his new family and make me feel overwhelmed, especially with calling me that name. It brought back the good memories, and the bad ones that mum mentioned. And I didn't want to think of any of it.

I rushed out of the room, and got a confused Xander and Leyla trailing after me.

I can't blame them. I'm confused as well.

I stopped after about a few paces and rested my head and palms against the lockers.

"Is everything okay?" Xander asked.

"Uh. Maybe he lost his way." Leyla said.

I looked up and smiled at her, trying to lighten the mood. "Did you rhyme intentionally?"

She smiled triumphantly. "Maybe."

"Lightening up the mood is my job." Xander whined.

At that moment, Zahra ran up to us.

"If you're here. It means the bell's about to ring." Xander teased.

"Haha. Very funny."

At that moment, the bell rang and people started dashing to class.

"This means nothing!" Zahra yelled as she began running in the opposite direction.

I just laughed and shook my head, not only at her, but to push away the thoughts invading it.

*************************

"Hi. I'm Arabella." A hand shot out in front of my face.

For the first few hours, I had the luck of not seeing my dad and his family.

Seems that luck ran out.

Sadly.

I turned and gave a large smile and it immediately faltered a little. Is it bad that I just hate that she's prettier than me?

That's called jealousy.

Call it whatever you want. I don't stereotype.

I don't think that's stereotyping.

"Hi, I'm..." She cut me off. "Nova, yes I know."

"Actually I'm Charvi."

"I prefer Nova."

"Uh ok."

If this was 2 years ago. You'd say that name was only reserved for your father.

Do I still have one?

"These are my friends. Xander, Leyla, Kai and Zahra." I pointed to each of them and waved. "Sorry, who are you again?"

She giggled and slapped my arm. "Your step sister, silly."

Silly?

"Stepsister?" Kai and Zahra chorused. I never got to explain the morning events to them. At the beginning of lunch, Kai was confused as to why we didn't meet him at the office. Then we explained the bell rang so we had to go to class. I didn't want to say anything because I wished he'd just disappear.