Chapter Thirty-two: Have you been humping the exact replica of a Greek god?

Song: Start Of Something New by Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens from the movie; High School Musical

Chapter Thirty-two: Have you been humping the exact replica of a Greek god?

"Hi Zahra."

After we made a quick stop at the nearest store so I could change to Charvi, we came straight for Leyla's house.

She rolled her eyes then smirked when she looked behind me to where Zane was sitting in the parked car. "You took your time."

"Whatever you're thinking, don't think it." I cancelled all her thoughts as she let me in.

I knew Zahra. She was still going to think it.

"How could I not?"

Exactly.

"You could have little self-control."

She smirked. "Impossible."

I rolled my eyes.

"So..." She trailed off, but continued when she saw I had no intention to bring up information. "What are the deets?" I just shrugged then she wiggled her eyebrows. "Have you been humping the exact replica of a Greek god?"

I scoffed. "As if."

"Don't pretend you can't see how hot he is."

That reminded me of the time she said the captain of the football team was hot, and I thought she was talking about Axel. I must have been really dumb not to have noticed Zane before.

"I'm not going to pretend I don't know how hot he is, I'll just unsuspiciously change the topic."

She gave me an incredulous look. "Now that you've mentioned it, it's not going to work."

I smiled and crossed my arms piecing all my thoughts together. I'd had this suspicion for a while based on certain behavioral patterns. "What's going on between you and Kai?"

She seemed shocked, nervous, flustered. And all in all, out of words. It was amusing. That pretty much answered my question. If you added the very blooming color on her cheeks.

I smiled at her loss of words and decided to change the topic. I put one arm around her shoulders and started steering her towards Leyla's room. "So, how is she?"

That seemed to put some words back into her mouth. "She's been crying all day. I made her all her favorite foods, but she hasn't touched one. Her parents aren't home yet, and I don't know what to do. Every time I mention your name, she just becomes worse. She looks horrible."

I couldn't help the guilty feeling in my gut.

You don't have anything to feel guilty for.

I'm not so sure about that, but maybe if I keep telling myself that, I'd believe it. 

I dropped my arm from her shoulder when we got to Leyla's door. I hesitated, but what for? We've been friends for years. 

"I'll just go back to the game room."

"To text Kai?" I offered with a smile.

She rolled her eyes.

"You are so going to tell me all about it tomorrow." I called out to her as she walked away, and opened the door before I changed my mind. Wait, should I have knocked? Nah, I never do.

She didn't even look up when I entered. She was sitting on her couch, just staring at nothing. Well, it's something, but that doesn't matter. Her eyes were red and her face was puffy. Her hair was like a haystack, but what caught me was the blank and lost look in her eyes.