Chapter Fourteen: Some kind of second Justin Bieber?

Song: Locked Out Of Heaven by Ross Lynch featuring Olivia Holt from the movie; Status Update

Chapter Fourteen: Some kind of second Justin Bieber?

"I'm just so happy! I don't even know how this happened! It was in the heat of the moment you know." She frantically said as Kai and I got down from the car and headed for the entrance.

"Slow down. Tell us what happened."

"Ok." She took a deep breath. "I want to say the whole story. That's why I didn't call you to say it yesterday. I'd prefer to do this face to face."

"Stop it and say it already, you're scaring me." Kai complained.

I gestured to Leyla's face. "How can this be scaring you? She's smiling like the Cheshire cat in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."

"True." She wasn't even paying attention. Her oh so sparkling eyes was searching the parking lot.

"Who are you looking for?"

"Xander and Zahra. I don't really like repeating myself." When she didn't see them or their cars she turned back to us. "I guess I could say it twice then."

"Or we could help you tell them."

"Perfect. Ok, so, where to begin?" She thought. "Ok, yeah. So yesterday, I went to your house to see how your date with The Zane Rivers went.." I cut her off.

"The Zane Rivers? Really? What is he? Some kind of second Justin Bieber?"

"Hotter." She argued.

"Wrong."

"Right." I turned to Kai and gave him an incredulous look after the word he just said.

"What?" He shrugged. "Justin Bieber isn't that hot."

"Really?"

"Back to my story." She snapped her fingers in front of our faces. "When I got there, Axel was just walking off your porch. He told me I shouldn't bother, that you weren't there. At first, I was kind of annoyed by how upset he looked just because you weren't at home, like why was he even looking for you? I thought you guys weren't friends."

"We're not."

"Then why did he want to see you at your house?"

"Beats me." I shrugged.

Lying to your best friend is not on the road to a healthy friendship.

But if she believes it, it's on the road to a successful acting career.

It doesn't work that way.

I think it does.

"Anyways." She started as we walked through the front door. "All my annoyance disappeared when he asked me to grab a bite with him. We went to Tate's, but that did not go so well. You guys know Avery, right?"

Kai snapped his fingers. "Yeah, she works there, right?"

"Yup. Charvi, do you know her?"

"Do I know Avery? Of course I know her."

Lying is bad.

This is different. This is acting. You've complimented my acting before, so you know the difference. 

Do you aspire to be an actress?

No.

Then stop lying.

This isn't even lying. I do know Avery, don't I?

"I was just wondering. I've never seen you at Tate's before."