Chapter Twenty-six: He does not say 'BLAH BLAH BLAH!'

Song: Better Half Of Me by Tom Walker

Chapter Twenty-six: He does not say 'BLAH BLAH BLAH!'

Reveka rushed out of the car towards the school. Probably eager to see Sam. I guess I'll ask her about the two of them one of these days. 

I got down from the car, with my bag on one shoulder. I wouldn't want to put it on the side with the injury. That's gonna hurt. Apart from the little stinging, I don't really feel the pain until pressure is put on it. And I plan to keep it that way.

I began towards the entrance, but Kai made no move to go. He just rested on his car door.

"Doing it now?" I asked referring to the girl he wanted to ask to be his girlfriend. The sooner he does it, the sooner I get to find out.

"Yeah. She's usually late."

I chuckled. "Reminds me of Zahra."

"Hmm." Is all he mumbled.

I turned and started heading towards school. It was fuller than usual. Probably because now we're coming from farther away.

And yet Anastasia was in her robe when we left.

I began towards my locker, but hesitated when I saw Zane resting on it.

What do you plan to do? Run away?

Maybe.

As if he sensed me, his eyes snapped towards mine. Can't run away now. I headed towards him, eyes still locked.

"Did I forget something at your place?" I asked when I got to him.

"No."

"Did you lose your way?"

"No."

"Then why the Dracula look?" I teased.

He raised his brows in amusement. "Dracula look?"

"You know the colorless and tedious face and the 'BLAH BLAH BLAH!'." 

"He does not say 'BLAH BLAH BLAH!'." He exclaimed.

I laughed. "I wonder who that sounds like."

He shifted so I could open my locker. "Tease me all you want Cherry."

I removed my bag to add and remove books. "I already do. I don't need your permission."

"Of course you don't. How are you feeling?"

I turned to him and smiled. "How about 'Better now that you're here'?"

It wasn't exactly a lie, but why would I tell him that?

He gave me an incredulous look. "How are you in such a good mood? Shouldn't you be upset?"

"Just because I'm not showing that I'm upset doesn't mean I'm not. Snapping at the whole world and everything in it won't make things better for me."

He sent me an apologetic look. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you feel sorry for me."

"I do feel sorry for you."

"Don't. It's only going to remind me of my Mum's predicament, not make me feel better."

"I understand, but you can't go around looking like that and expect me not to say something." 

"What's wrong with how I look?" I looked down at myself. "Why do people keep commenting on my dressing?"