Chapter Fifty-four: Are you trying to bribe me?

Song: Steal Your Heart by Ross Lynch from the series; Austin and Ally

Chapter Fifty-four: Are you trying to bribe me?

Monday.

It's Monday. And for some reason, there was a Xander bouncing on my bed. I groaned.

I heard a door open and Rev complain. "Hey! This is my job. How did you even get in?"

He continued bouncing. "Char gave me a key."

Biggest mistake of my life.

"Good thinking Char. You're just handing spare house keys to random boys now?"

Well, I didn't expect him to actually use it to get into my house in the morning.

"No she's just handing house keys to me."

"Good thing she hadn't yet given Zane one."

I groaned louder at the sound of his name.

"Sorry." Rev muttered.

I sat up on my bed.

"Yikes! Someone needs a shower." Rev screeched.

I turned to her with what would have been a glare, but just ended up being a stare. She seemed to catch on. "I'll just go get ready now." She turned and walked out through the connecting doors.

I turned to Xander when she had left.

He wore a worried expression again. "You've been crying again, haven't you?"

I didn't reply to his question because since he already knew the answer, I'm guessing it was rhetorical.

"All this crying is not good for you Char."

I still didn't reply.

"Aren't you going to say anything?"

I answered his question without directly answering it. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I got up extra early- knowing you wouldn't want to wake up and go to school- just so I can get here and force you out of bed."

I lay back on my bed and dragged the duvet over my head. "I'm not going."

He dragged the duvet off me. The early morning cold hit me like an iceberg. "Have you forgotten who I am? If you were to rot, I'll be the reason. Not some guy who couldn't appreciate you enough."

"Thanks and all, but I really rather stay here, where I'm comfortable."

"Not happening."

Remember how I said Xander was very persuasive. Well, he's also very annoying, but he somehow managed to get me out of bed and into the shower. I took a quick bath, brushed my teeth and put on a shirt and leggings. I tried to brush my hair out, but it didn't work so I just packed it up in a loose bun. If anyone could fix it, it's Leyla. And my hair didn't really matter. I'd shave it bald, just to take back what Zane did.

What?

It'd probably just grow back.

When I got downstairs, Xander had a pack of chili cheese dogs waiting for me in his hands. I smiled at him as he handed me the wrap.

"I know it's not really breakfast food, but I'd hoped it'd cheer you up." He opened his hands to give me a hug and I walked into it. He wrapped his arms tight around me as I just let mine hang to my sides. 

"You're a really good friend Xander. Thank you."

He kept me at arm's length. "Well I have to be. I learnt from the best."