Chapter Forty-one: Don't you need more stars in your galaxy?

Song: Just Wanna Be With You by Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron (& Ashley Tisdale and Matt Prokop) from the movie; High School Musical 3 

Chapter Forty-one: Don't you need more stars in your galaxy?

"Reveka.."

"And you didn't tell me? You kept it from me for two years?"

"I just found out a few weeks ago. I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how."

She turned angry eyes to him. "And you, you make me sick."

"Nora please." He walked up to her, but she held a hand to stop him. He ignored and kept going. "I am really, truly sorry."

Why do I feel so guilty? I didn't do anything bad, right? 

Everyone deserves a second chance. He said he's sorry.

"We can't keep on fighting guys." I turned to dad. "I'm sorry I lashed out." I turned to Reveka. "Rev, I'm hurt and tired. And I just need my family right now."

She turned to me, and then dropped her hands to her side. "I miss Mum."

"Me too."

She walked up to me and we both sat on the couch. Reveka started crying. "Dad," She looked at him. "I missed you, dad. I can't believe you left."

He came to sit down at her other side. "I was an idiot. Please forgive me. I am being honestly sincere. If I could go back I would change everything I did."

"I don't know if I can forgive you. I just know I missed you. I missed your jokes. I missed your laugh. I missed your hugs." Reveka sobbed.

We were all in tears at this point. He left our family broken. A family I thought would stay strong for the rest of my life, he broke it, and yet here I am, ready for him to just say he loves us. I couldn't help but love him too.

He took us in a big hug. "I love you guys so much. That time, I was very disoriented and confused. I had just lost my job, and I just wanted to drown in my sorrows. And the only thing I felt could do that was drinks, and so I drowned in them. I didn't expect it to go that far. I barely even remember what I did. The time, when I almost came on to Nat, I remembered. She couldn't even come close to me. The scared look on her face broke me. I regretted everything I did to her and your mother. I was ashamed so I left. I couldn't wait until you guys were back, because then I would feel worse."

"You were selfish." I didn't realize I had thought those words until they came out. 

"I was. I didn't think about how you guys would feel. I thought I could move away and start a new life. But then, I missed you guys and decided to come back. That was about 2 months after. That was the day I bumped into Amelia. We sort of fell in love. I didn't understand that at first, but then we started going on dates. She introduced me to her family. She even got me a job at the company she was working at."

"Did you forget us then?" Reveka looked up from her palms to his face.

"No, never. You guys were always on my mind. The nagging feeling I was missing something was there too. When the job transferred us here, I was so happy. I thought I could start over with you guys, make things right. And I promise that is what I would do. I have more money now. And I know I left your mum nothing but the house. I'll fix all that. I'd buy you a bigger house. I'll pay all your bills. All your tuition. Nothing would stop me from performing all my fatherly duties."

What?

It took a while for that to register in my head. I'm going to college! I'm going to freaking college! I put my face in my hands and let it all out.