Chapter Forty-seven: Can I have more bourbons please?

A/N: Before you go on with this chapter, I just want to say thank you to everyone that has been reading since I started last month. Thank you for all your support and love. And thank you for 1k reads. For someone who's writing her first book, it means a lot to me. Don't let me stop or bore you, cos I do talk a lot. So just go on with reading. Thanks a bunch!

*************

Song: Our Way by Martina Stoessel and Jorge Blanco from the telenovela; Violetta

Chapter Forty-seven: Can I have more bourbons please?

"You came."

I shrugged. "I was about 7 feet away when I heard you call my name."

"But you hesitated."

"Don't I have a right to?"

"I didn't mea-"

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Why do I always need to have a reason before I can talk to you?"

I turned to face him. "Because you said you didn't want to be my friend."

"You know I didn't mean it like that."

"I know what you meant. Have you changed your mind?"

He hesitated. "I'm trying to." He paused. "I just want us to go back to how it was. When it was just us."

"You're the one who ruined that. Not anybody. You."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. I should be thanking you. I met Xander because of that. Then I met Leyla. Then I met Kai and Zahra." I smiled at my next words. "Then I met Zane. They're my family. Thanks to you."

Ouch.

I didn't mean it like that. It's just the simple truth. I liked him as a friend, but he introduced me to my family.

"So what you're saying is you don't need me anymore."

"That's not what I said."

"That's what you implied."

"Just because I have them as friends doesn't mean I can't have more."

"Was that an offering?"

"Will you ever make any moves on me again?"

"Well..." He weighed the options on his hands, a smile playing on his lips.

I rolled my eyes, almost smiling too. "Didn't you learn your lesson from last time?" I teased.

He laughed. "About that. I'm actually really sorry."

"You've said that a lot." 

He brought out his hand to shake me. "Friends?"

I shook his hand. "Friends."

************************

"You agreed to be friends?"

I was in Zane's room in his house. It seemed he preferred it here. It's like a big house all to ourselves since his parents were barely here. He said they'd be today though. 

"It's just our first day of dating and you're already this jealous." I tapped his nose.

"It's our second."

I shrugged. "That's what I said."

"I don't think it is."

"I don't see what your problem with Axel is. It's obvious I don't feel that way about him."