Chapter Sixty-four: Either a necklace or a bomb

Song: Carry My Heart by Martina Stoessel and Jorge Blanco from the telenovela; Violetta

Chapter Sixty-four: Either a necklace or a bomb

"I am not particularly little." 

That was my reply as I walked past him, stringing Zane along with his hand in mine. I heard Shane close the door after him.

"Who is this boy?"

I stopped with Zane and turned around. "Well, since you destroyed our introduction plan, we'll just get right to it. Shane, Zane. Zane, Shane." I gestured to the boys, but I doubt they were listening. They had their eyes set on each other. Was this a boys' thing? I hadn't even introduced him as my boyfriend yet.

"Shane, sit!"

He turned to glare at me. "Do I look like a dog to you?"

I tapped my chin and then chuckled. "That's a very tricky question."

I heard Zane snicker from beside me. Shane's eyes turned to him.

"You think this is funny?"

Zane put his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, actually. My girlfriend is really hilarious."

"Girlfriend?" He asked as his eyes turned to me.

I smiled and nodded. "Yup." 

Shane turned to Zane with a little smile playing on his lips. "Well he's an upgrade from that prick."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I never dated th-"

Shay's voice cut me off. "Rivers? Is that you?"

Huh? She knows him?

She came into my vision as she pulled Zane into a hug.

He smiled at her as they released each other. "Shayna? What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that."

"How do you two know each other?"

Shayna decided to explain. "I'm an intern for his Mum. We met last summer."

"He's the son of Shayan Rivers?" Shane asked. "That means he's also the son of Zion Rivers."

I ignored Shane's realization. "I'm confused." I blinked. "I thought you were into fashion. What does Z-Tech Industries have to do with that?" I asked Shay.

"My father owns Z-Tech Industries and asides from helping my dad in meetings, my mother has her own clothing line." Zane answered for her.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came here to see my girlfriend."

Shay turned to me with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "You're dating him?"

I hummed an approval.

She just nodded, still smiling. "Well, your girlfriend is my sister." She explained to Zane.

"Now that introductions are out of the way, I should-"

I was cut off, the second time this night by none other than Reveka. "Is Bruny here?!" She yelled as she jogged fast down the stairs. When she caught sight of him, her eyes lit up. She ran towards us and stood in front of him. "Did you bring it?"

He nodded and held up a gift bag I hadn't even noticed he was holding. He reached into it and removed a smaller gift bag. Then he held out the larger one to her. She snatched it from his hand and opened it. What she saw inside made her eyes light up. She dug her hand inside and brought out a small black gorgeous bag. She squealed really loudly. "Thank you. Thank you!" And then she hugged him, and ran back up the stairs, ranting to herself.