𝚀 𝚄 𝙴 𝚂 𝚃 𝙸 𝙾 𝙽 𝙸 𝙽 𝙶 𝟹:𝟻

Italics = flashback

◄ the year of 2009 ◄

Min Yoongi trudged along after his mother in the grocery store, a bored expression planted over the six year old's face as he was forced to keep quiet until they got home, since his mother absolutely did not tolerate any complaining whatsoever.

But that didn't mean he was necessarily happy about the fact of attending one of the dull weekly errands where his mother pushed a cart through Jewel Osco, leaving him no choice but to follow along against his will.

So here he was, watching blankly as his mother picked out some jams and jellies for their house to have in the morning, a classic breakfast choice he subsided with.

"Alrightttt," she sighed quietly to herself, wary eyes looking down at her grocery list, "we're almost done honey, okay?"

Yoongi's eyes lit up at the announcement, that the torturous process he had to endure was finally coming to an end. A bright smile overtook his face, leaping up onto the cart with a newfound happiness bubbling up inside him.

His mother laughed softly at her son, before turning her attention back to her list and crossing the said item off.

"C-can we go see the superheroes mommy?" He pleaded with bright eyes, ones his mother couldn't say no to.

So with a reluctant head nod, she agreed since she felt that Yoongi deserved some kind of reward by traveling to one of his favorite sections in the store.

"Okay, I just need to grab a few more things then we'll go."

Yoongi nodded, no longer carrying a glum atmosphere above his head since his once mood expression soon morphed into one of bliss.

Because Yoongi loved nothing more than to visit the toy and magazine section, despite it being a rather small aisle in the huge store mainly catered towards food.

But that didn't matter to him, since the little boy's mind was simply entranced by the idea of superheroes — the mere suggestion of someone holding super powers and using it for the good of the people, fighting against bad guys and super villains until they had won the fight.

And he loved nothing more than watching the live action versions of them, since it made the imagination inside his brain run wild off of the sole adrenaline the films provided him — convincing him to believe that they existed in real life.

And who was to tell a six year old boy that it was just actors faking it?

Plus, it installed good morals inside his head at a young age, so it really wasn't doing anybody any harm at all.

His absolute favorite was Spider Man.

Not to mention the actor who played him, Tobey Maguire, did it so extremely well and it never failed to amaze Yoongi ever time he watched the trilogy.

He was a huge fan to say the least, and practically worshiped both him and the character Spider Man in general, with all of the gazillion posters hung up around his room and stacks of toys and figurines displayed amongst his shelves and bedside table.